How do I put of with this game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-06-2011

I just want to point out that number of wins doesn't mean nearly as much as people think it does... All it really means is that they're more likely to have seen more champions frequently enough to understand them.

Brimstone Ninja

11-06-2011

I'm in a somewhat similar boat. I have only been playing a month, I'm level 25, and this is my first moba game. My question is: Is there no middle ground?

What I mean by that is I often bounce between long win streaks and long lose streaks. Like one game, my team and I will dominate the other team. The next game, we may get dominated. Is it always like this? Is it due to matchmaking stacking one team or something? It just seems I rarely have a close game anymore, there's a clear dominant team most of the time.

I have fell in love with this game, but at the same time, sometimes it frustrates me so much. If I lose a close game, that's fine. But being demolished with no chance to win is never fun.

TwistWrist

11-06-2011

It is MOBA. If the other team gets an advantage and your team doesn't do anything to diminish that advantage, then the other team will get a bigger advantage. Really close games are hard to come by on SR.

HaloMasterChef

11-06-2011

Actually was just about to come on here to make a thread asking if the game gets any better. Just started playing 2 days ago and learned enough from vids/playing to figure out the mechanics and some general ideas. I'm definitely new to the game, but have actually done quite well so far considering I've only played for 2 days.

My big problem with the game is I've really only had maybe 2-3 Good Games even though I'm level 8 and 16 wins. The good games were ones where both teams were somewhat evenly matched, maybe 1 alt account per side (would say pro, but I don't know what pro is), and there weren't any hardcore feeders. We all make mistakes, so a couple deaths on my team I don't care about.

Most games have been from a list of various problems:
1) Alt Accounts where either side just has 2+ pro players. Then it just ends up being a stomp. Even if I'm on that team, its not really fun. Though I have learned some stuff from playing with them.
2) Feeders - Game is now almost like a 4v6. Sure I'll capitalize on a kill, but I check scores throughout and seeing someone 0/6/0 in the first 10 minutes on either side is really annoying.
3) Extremely aggressive play style during starting laning phase that is more than likely going to get themselves killed. I've noticed certain characters can be aggressive early, but seems like many just want to go derp derp and get killed a few times. I play aggressive in mid to stop CS so I don't have a problem with all aggressive play.
4) Feeders constantly giving chase to one enemy when they should know full well that their whole team is probably right behind the trees. So what happens? Others try to help, then I try to help.... but then its just a one by one slaughter. Normally I can escape or grab a kill unless as soon as my icon pops up on their minimap they focus me (Did I mention I'm playing malz?).
5) AFK/Leavers - I now have 20 minutes of wasted time. I think I've had maybe 10 games get ruined this way so far (wins and losses). Most were when I was level 1-5, so its a little better.
6) Guy who farms for 30-35 minutes, won't participate in group fights, maybe pick off a straggler or two, then finally decides to join us after he has his items. While we've basically 4v5 it the entire game.

There are some other complaints, but this game is really fun when its a real gg. Its just annoying otherwise.

Burbinator

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacAttack01 View Post
I'm in a somewhat similar boat. I have only been playing a month, I'm level 25, and this is my first moba game. My question is: Is there no middle ground?

What I mean by that is I often bounce between long win streaks and long lose streaks. Like one game, my team and I will dominate the other team. The next game, we may get dominated. Is it always like this? Is it due to matchmaking stacking one team or something? It just seems I rarely have a close game anymore, there's a clear dominant team most of the time.

I have fell in love with this game, but at the same time, sometimes it frustrates me so much. If I lose a close game, that's fine. But being demolished with no chance to win is never fun.
I have had amazing 60 minute long games of close comebacks in mid-high elo ranked. They're still not very common, but they're awesome to be a part of

ChampChar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

ok I just wanna say some stuff first off I want to point everyone to LoL University it is a great place to ask questions and the thirties there will help you by going in a custom game with you if you ask

second ... well no one has mentioned this but there is this little command called /ignore....

third the community in game really isn't great I will admit but forums seem to be and well just play with friends for in game.

fourth: ok let me just make this clear ... level isn't everything it is more a record of how long you have played than your skill now granted skill usually goes along with time playing but... I am lvl 17 and can er almost wreck 25+ then I usually get shut down cause of runes xD but honestly like I was malz vs a high twenty vayne ( I had que'd with... 3 thirties and another low lvl x.x) and almost won but she got the first kill and well it went downhill from there.

fifth anyone and everyone who wants to play with someone nice can add me in game name = Eredar( this account is lvl 13 cause my main got banned >.< didn't know bout leaving as much then)

2Pluz2

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
I just want to point out that number of wins doesn't mean nearly as much as people think it does... All it really means is that they're more likely to have seen more champions frequently enough to understand them.
I understand that all in all it doesn't really matter, but when you get loss after loss after loss, you really want to get that win because you feel 1, your letting other people down that do want that win, and 2, It's just plain NO FUN to have loss after loss, especially when you get dominated, I mean its understandable when it's an even match where after right at the end where the enemy team is destroying your nexus, you still have the feeling of "Oh well, I can still turn this around!" But that just doesn't happen when it's an unfair game.

TwistWrist

11-06-2011

Is the game unfair, or are you just not able to turn the momentum around?

There is a difference.

Even if with smurfs, there is no reason that they'll all be on the enemy team.

Work on improving your game and learn from your losses. Will end up losing less.

99942 Apophis

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Is the game unfair, or are you just not able to turn the momentum around?

There is a difference.

Even if with smurfs, there is no reason that they'll all be on the enemy team.

Work on improving your game and learn from your losses. Will end up losing less.
Cant help it when people on the your team feed the enemy up heaps, even if you do imrpove you cant do anything against a tryn that hits a quarter of your health every swing.

TwistWrist

11-07-2011

Seems like you didn't do anything when the problem was going on and instead are just complaining after the problem has gone on too long.