Solo top: Renekton vs. Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lokiill

11-05-2011

Assuming both players are of equal skill, who would usually tend to win that match up?

I currently play Renekton as my main tanky DPS champ having almost no problems with most solo top matches, but Shyvana interests me, so I would like to know how well she would match up against my top pick?

Thanks in advance!

Pineappl├ęs

11-05-2011

Probably Renekton I would think. He has CC, a dash, and sustain, all of which Shyvana does not have.

Khangle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

Renekton would definitely get the burst and harass advantage, but toe to toe, Shyv could stand a strong chance

SquidBlub

11-05-2011

They stop fighting and **** right there in the lane.

Tehadam

11-05-2011

Renekton wins, he has sustain and a stun, Shyvana does not.

Felaedor

11-05-2011

Renekton wins it easily.

Stun allows you to land autoattacks in addition to your On-hit effect skill before dashing out.

Shyvana would just be outharassed by a good Renekton player.

Lokiill

11-05-2011

That's my initial assumption too aha. I like the idea of Shyvana, but I don't think I would like to invest in learning a champ for a role I'm already very happy with. Especially since I'm mainly an AP player. Thanks for the quick response!

Rawlinson

11-05-2011

It would be even... If Shyvana builds tanky... Renek cant burst it fast enough, unless Renek goes full on damage and not tnaky dps. That armor and mr on shyvana ult passive is ridic.

Grimshi

11-05-2011

I've only gone solo top once vs Rene as Shyvana. So my opinion is really based on that players skill. I started with cloth and 5. This really let me last a while before I had to go back.

Generally he would slice n dice towards me, if I was fast enough I could hit W before he started his combo on me. If I got the W off I would equal his damage output, after his combo I could usually catch up to him to land a q or e.

That game the lane stayed in my favor, I eventually bought Tabi and Wriggles, he did that same. To bad Shyvana does more magic damage then renek.

FlySkyHigh777

11-05-2011

I'd say assuming two players of equal skill, probably the Renekton, because his early game advantage would really outdo hers. Don't get me wrong, I love Shyvana, but I feel if the Shyvana wasn't careful enough, Renekton would get some early kills on her, and that would really hurt her transition into mid game.