irelia: frozen m. or tf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEFACT0

11-05-2011

Hi guys,
I want to know why is Trinty Force better than Frozen Maleth on Irelia.
I dont have much experience with Irelia.
Thanks

Lutzj

11-05-2011

Because the Trinity Force comes with a Sheen and Zeal duct-taped to it.

Noble2120

11-05-2011

Cost wise I would go Trinity force even though it's expensive.

For trinity force you lose out about 400 hp and a perma slow but you get Attack Speed, Crit Chance, Mana, Ability Power, a free "crit" every time you use a spell, 7% movement speed and 25% to slow.

Just need to throw out like...400-600 more gold to it.

I would think this would be at item discussion to be honest.

Galefire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

Trinity Force gives Irelia enough burst to take out squishy carries alone, without the need for any more damaging items. This frees up the entire rest of her build for tankiness.

z All In z

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

Tri Force is a bad item. But the reason people like Tri Force is because it adds to burst damage and has a slowing proc. But imho, Irelia doesn't need Tri Force, her role in a team is tanky dps with an emphasis on tankiness.

SuperSobotka

11-06-2011

lol triforce does make you more tanky

it gives you movement speed, gives you health and mana gives you attack speed (so you steal more life)

Im a reaal hero

11-06-2011

actually sheen is overated on irelia i mean BAD on Irelia, rush wits end or mana regen gp5 (for early attack speed and magic damage), max w and watch her ra-pe any lane with crazy sustain. (da attack speed with w give her crazy sustain)

Albido

11-06-2011

Triforce brings an absurd amount of burst damage and utility to Irelia for only one item. Her Q suddenly deals huge bonus damage and slows for 30% for 2.5 sec, not to mention that if used correctly, each charge of her ult can proc Sheen's effect, giving her massive sustained damage as well.

There is no real Irelia build that doesn't pick it up at some point. Some prefer to rush tankyness, but everyone will grab it eventually. It's usually item 1-3 for her.

Squishy O

11-06-2011

Triforce gives you the most important stat in the game: MS