Playing for Personal Score Vs. Playing for Win

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfalisk

11-10-2011

Something that isn't being taken into consideration is that the winning team, more often than not, have better scores in all or most positions.

Games where the lower scoring team wins are anomalies, and until they are the majority, asserting that playing for score =/= playing to win is essentially void. Score may not be everything, but in the current state of the game scoring high is absolutely related to victory. There are problems and loop holes, but every argument to the contrary is essentially faced with: The higher scoring team is victorious the majority of the time.

Until that statement becomes invalid, there is little foundation for the assertion that scoring high is not related to victory.

NetherGate

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Something that isn't being taken into consideration is that the winning team, more often than not, have better scores in all or most positions.

Games where the lower scoring team wins are anomalies, and until they are the majority, asserting that playing for score =/= playing to win is essentially void. Score may not be everything, but in the current state of the game scoring high is absolutely related to victory. There are problems and loop holes, but every argument to the contrary is essentially faced with: The higher scoring team is victorious the majority of the time.

Until that statement becomes invalid, there is little foundation for the assertion that scoring high is not related to victory.
Well, here is one selfish player who wanted to defend their position without bothering to read the article.

I can sum this up very simply if I was too indirect about it in the thread. Your score is not independant of your team mates efforts at all! The method by which many of the high scoring players are achieving their high score is lowering their teammates scores so much that the net effect is a lower team score.

You all naturally boost each others personal scores through agro theory. I suppose you could view it like this. An agro dumper is a player who receives all of the personal score gifts from his/her team mates and not only doesn't return the favor, but instead puts them in danger repeatedly getting them killed. Review the thread to see why. (The most dangerous thing to me going into a game isnt any particular champ or even opponent, its an agro dumping team mate. I say this with a ton of experience behind me.)

One fast example. If you are in a situation in which you sacrificing your life will end in the death of 2 of your opponents at the hands of your teammates, you will get a bad score for doing that, but it is a great move for the team on the whole, and the teams cumulative personal score is raised. Its a huge contribution that is represented negatively in your personal score. What would an agro dodger do in this situation?

Argue with this I challenge you.

NetherGate

11-10-2011

Quote:

I meant heck, its even right there in the title so you even got that wrong, lol. "Playing for PERSONAL SCORE vs playing for win". If you play for the team, your team score will raise naturally obviously, lol.

FDru

11-10-2011

If personal score was accurate at all, the highest scoring team would be the winner not most of the time, not some of the time, but all of the time.

Kanerax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

Well thought out post providing good insight into how to actually play Dominion.

Playing Nunu this way is alot of fun as well.

NetherGate

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerax View Post
Well thought out post providing good insight into how to actually play Dominion.

Playing Nunu this way is alot of fun as well.
Thank you, I havent made up my mind on nunu, but he counters heimer on bot. eats his turrets.

Wolfalisk

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
Well, here is one selfish player who wanted to defend their position without bothering to read the article.

I can sum this up very simply if I was too indirect about it in the thread. Your score is not independant of your team mates efforts at all! The method by which many of the high scoring players are achieving their high score is lowering their teammates scores so much that the net effect is a lower team score.

You all naturally boost each others personal scores through agro theory. I suppose you could view it like this. An agro dumper is a player who receives all of the personal score gifts from his/her team mates and not only doesn't return the favor, but instead puts them in danger repeatedly getting them killed. Review the thread to see why. (The most dangerous thing to me going into a game isnt any particular champ or even opponent, its an agro dumping team mate. I say this with a ton of experience behind me.)

One fast example. If you are in a situation in which you sacrificing your life will end in the death of 2 of your opponents at the hands of your teammates, you will get a bad score for doing that, but it is a great move for the team on the whole, and the teams cumulative personal score is raised. Its a huge contribution that is represented negatively in your personal score. What would an agro dodger do in this situation?

Argue with this I challenge you.
In my defense, your article is difficult to comprehend and follow. But I see what you're saying now. I'm sorry for the confusion. Admittedly I should have looked a little closer at the OP.

You can get off your high horse though, it isn't necessary. In fact I'd imagine it even serves as a detriment to your thread. It's unfortunate, because there's some golden content here, yet I already am less inclined to participate because of your attitude. Comments like the first sentence in your response to me as well as the last comment. Show some respect to your knowledge of the game. An attitude like which showed me only undermines what you're saying.

NetherGate

11-10-2011

Quote:
In my defense, your article is difficult to comprehend and follow. But I see what you're saying now. I'm sorry for the confusion. Admittedly I should have looked a little closer at the OP.

You can get off your high horse though, it isn't necessary. In fact I'd imagine it even serves as a detriment to your thread. It's unfortunate, because there's some golden content here, yet I already am less inclined to participate because of your attitude. Comments like the first sentence in your response to me as well as the last comment. Show some respect to your knowledge of the game. An attitude like which showed me only undermines what you're saying.
You defended screwing your team mates over and degraded my thread. I like my horse where it is. I dont think you have to look very close to understand it, I think you had to skip the entire post and make a blind comment on the title alone to come to give the response you gave.

Wolfalisk

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
You defended screwing your team mates over and degraded my thread. I like my horse where it is. I dont think you have to look very close to understand it, I think you had to skip the entire post and make a blind comment on the title alone to come to give the response you gave.
I am through with you. You obviously aren't even interested in changing your attitude even after I apologized for misunderstanding the thread.

NetherGate

11-10-2011

Quote:
I am through with you. You obviously aren't even interested in changing your attitude even after I apologized for misunderstanding the thread.
Lol, go make post broad sweeping rebuttals to someone else's thread that you don't read either, and then give an insult laden apology afterward. I'm through with you first, and I'm getting the last word somehow. lol.