Playing for Personal Score Vs. Playing for Win

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheeseblazer

12-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDizel View Post
wow~ I must say this is one of the best most thought out posts I've read in years. (35 years gaming 18 yrs online) That being said I would suggest this thread be "stickied" just for a thought provoking/ suggested learning. I myself only play dominion... I play as alistar a very humbling toon to play... and I do it because I CAN change the games outcome. I have enough power to hurt you and enough ability to not just take you off YOUR turret , but to take it from you. However most often my k/d ratio is poor (to many dont understand dom imo) but I win a heck a lot more than I lose . I am a noob here (35-40 days playing league of legends .. 330+ dominion wins though.)
35-40 days since you started playing ? or 35-40 days played time ? cause the 1st one is literally impossible if u average out the game times to 20 minutes. which is what i found to be about right... So either your talkin out your ass about your score. OR your talking about physically played time.

Cheeseblazer

12-30-2011

Let me start by saying thanking you for putting such a detailed explanation of the problem out for everyone to see. I too suffer from agro dumpers in almost every single game i play. Infact i end up in an argument (due to a short temper) almost every game, because im either 1st and carrying hard, cause i did all the work, (kiting/killing/ general agro pulling) while the rest of my team just sit in the bushes, scared to help. Or, last, because all my team do is run to the cap points and cap while i die agro'ing 1v4/5's in the jungle. And i almost always get raged at for being a score chaser, when in actual fact i am always in a fight somewhere on the map, to make room for caps and allow time for our team to regroup. Or to delay caps at turrets. It's a very frustrating factor in dominion. And it is the very specific reason that i have been so angry so many times. and been banned for saying harsh truths to people.

My fav, and best champs are Nidalee/Ez/Ali.

But yeah, thanks again mate. I trully hope this post is thoroughly looked over and the agro system is implemented by Riot. Either that or create a ranking system such as the one on SC2 that pits players of equal skill against each other, rather than just randomizing 13 million people. Or however many there are now.

Cheeseblazer

12-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
Are there really people that play for personal score?
Have you NEVER solo que'd ? lol

Narcomancer

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseblazer View Post
Let me start by saying thanking you for putting such a detailed explanation of the problem out for everyone to see. I too suffer from agro dumpers in almost every single game i play. Infact i end up in an argument (due to a short temper) almost every game, because im either 1st and carrying hard, cause i did all the work, (kiting/killing/ general agro pulling) while the rest of my team just sit in the bushes, scared to help. Or, last, because all my team do is run to the cap points and cap while i die agro'ing 1v4/5's in the jungle. And i almost always get raged at for being a score chaser, when in actual fact i am always in a fight somewhere on the map, to make room for caps and allow time for our team to regroup. Or to delay caps at turrets. It's a very frustrating factor in dominion. And it is the very specific reason that i have been so angry so many times. and been banned for saying harsh truths to people.

My fav, and best champs are Nidalee/Ez/Ali.

But yeah, thanks again mate. I trully hope this post is thoroughly looked over and the agro system is implemented by Riot. Either that or create a ranking system such as the one on SC2 that pits players of equal skill against each other, rather than just randomizing 13 million people. Or however many there are now.
Agreed.