Playing for Personal Score Vs. Playing for Win

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcomancer

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
I haven't really had much of an issue with this anymore... The only point that I see peeps still chasing score is right off the bat with mid capping on the way up to top.
"Agro dodging" does seem to have reduced a little bit lately, perhaps this thread has affected it in part?

Narcomancer

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
"Agro dodging" does seem to have reduced a little bit lately, perhaps this thread has affected it in part?
I think it depends on the time of day and the crowd you get, but it is still rampant, rest assured. I would like to think this thread has had an effect on the community, thats the intention, as well as to influence Riot to fix the scoring system to incorporate Agro.

NetherGate

12-04-2011

Best thread advocating unselfish teamwork in forum?

Scrincer

12-04-2011

i didnt read but when 3 peoples cap a safe bottom for pts instead of going top to defend. its exactly how personal scores can make a team lose.

NetherGate

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrincer View Post
i didnt read but when 3 peoples cap a safe bottom for pts instead of going top to defend. its exactly how personal scores can make a team lose.
True that!

Hypersauce

12-06-2011

Excellent post. I was just going to make a thread about this. They should really just remove the score board from dominion, people just ***** out points doing stuff that doesn't even really help the team then talk ****.

Why don't I get points when I charge into their team as Rammus and stop them from getting anywhere near a cap point, but ultimately die? Hmm?

NetherGate

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersauce View Post
Excellent post. I was just going to make a thread about this. They should really just remove the score board from dominion, people just ***** out points doing stuff that doesn't even really help the team then talk ****.

Why don't I get points when I charge into their team as Rammus and stop them from getting anywhere near a cap point, but ultimately die? Hmm?
and how do you get ZERO points for saving your teammates? You sacrifice yourself to save 2-3 of them, and your score looks bad, and theirs looks good? how accurate is that?

Narcomancer

12-15-2011

DUDE, people still don't understand that a players personal score is not independent of their teammates play style and performance.

Narcomancer

12-29-2011

people need to read this.

Cheeseblazer

12-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
Okay.

I make a point of reading posts, no matter how long or ranty, once I start.

You have the dubious honor of being one of the very few where I just stopped reading two sentences in. USE. FREAKING. PARAGRAPHS. Holy christ wall of text.

tl;dr

(props for saying that people are free to disagree with you, but if they do, they're noobs. really open minded of you! ...****in tool.)
He's actually made a very valid point. As for your crying about the long winded speech. dont surf forums if you cant read it. that simple.

You sound like a waste of space to be honest.