Crescent Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

11-04-2011

Bilgewater Cutlass + Long Sword + 700g

+45 AD
+12% Life Steal
+10% Spell Vamp

Unique Active: You send a shockwave in a straight line towards target location, dealing 200 physical damage and slowing enemies struck by 25% for 2 seconds.

Intent: An early-mid game item for AD casters. It has a fairly decent amount of AD, though the heightened price of the entire item comes from the conversion of Life Steal to Spell Vamp (thus allowing abilities to heal), as well as a much improved Bilgewater Active that acts both as an additional ability to use and as a slow on a piercing line skill shot.

Edited - Removed the scaling on the ability (Thus removing the "increasing gold efficiency" that other items get nerfed for.), and added on the baseline Lifesteal from the Scepter.

Dragonsafe

11-05-2011

WIND SCAAAAAAR...
Ya the active deals more damage that Riven's ult...

But the rest of the item looks good, really like the spell vamp switch from lifesteal. Which if anyone asks it has a precedent in sheen=>lichbane.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

11-05-2011

Remove the AD ratio and it doesn't seem too bad.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Remove the AD ratio and it doesn't seem too bad.
That, and explain what the hell happened to the Lifesteal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsafe View Post
WIND SCAAAAAAR...
The thought of seeing that in LoL makes me smile.

Dragonsafe

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
That, and explain what the hell happened to the Lifesteal
Lifesteal is not as worthwhile on ad casters as most skills don't apply on hit effects thus don't get any bonus from lifesteal but instead get spellvamp even if they do physical damage.

XD I always call Riven's ult wind scar cause that's so where it comes from and we all know it .

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

Quote:
Lifesteal is not as worthwhile on ad casters as most skills don't apply on hit effects thus don't get any bonus from lifesteal but instead get spellvamp even if they do physical damage.

XD I always call Riven's ult wind scar cause that's so where it comes from and we all know it .
I know how Lifesteal and Spell Vamp work. I also know that Gunblade doesn't lose its Lifesteal component, and it builds from Bilgewater Cutlass.

That's true, it does look a lot like Wind Scar...

Dragonsafe

11-06-2011

It's the same idea as sheen=>lich, sheen is a physical damage item aimed more at ad spell spammers, lich is a magic damage item for mages.
Cutlass is a lifesteal item aimed at hybrids=>Crescent Blade is a spellvamp item aimed at ad casters.
The lifesteal simply swaps for spellvamp. Like physical for magic damage.

I think it makes sense but I could be crazy XD

Edit: said physical=>magic really meant goes from your base ad=>total ap... point is it has 2 build paths, 1 for ad champs(trinity), 1 for ap champs(lich).

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

11-06-2011

Quote:
It's the same idea as sheen=>lich, sheen is a physical damage item aimed more at ad spell spammers, lich is a magic damage item for mages.

The lifesteal simply swaps for spellvamp. Like physical for magic damage.
Except Lich Bane still does physical damage, not magic? O.o It's just an amount of damage based on your AP instead of your AD.

JustMyBassCannon

11-06-2011

As PR said.

Besides, Spell Vamp just comes in on the item when it's created, there's no component item for it besides Hextech Revolver, which has AP and would defeat the purpose you are pursing.
Since the item's only adding 10% Spell Vamp, I think it'd be balanced to leave the 15% Life Steal on it. As was said, AD Casters don't rely on their auto attacks as much as their spells...but at the same time being able to farm+sustain yourself without using your skills would be nice.

Dragonsafe

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
As PR said.

Besides, Spell Vamp just comes in on the item when it's created, there's no component item for it besides Hextech Revolver, which has AP and would defeat the purpose you are pursing.
Since the item's only adding 10% Spell Vamp, I think it'd be balanced to leave the 15% Life Steal on it. As was said, AD Casters don't rely on their auto attacks as much as their spells...but at the same time being able to farm+sustain yourself without using your skills would be nice.
Because riven, rene, skarn, talon farm without skills... oh wait...
Riven farm=wings
Skarn farm=slash
Rene farm=cull+slice&dice
talon farm=rake

While panth and urgot tend to get away without their skills due to the mana cost, they also use their skills to farm.
While it would be nice to be able to farm without skills... they need them and thus probably should get a way to sustain themselves through their skills.