Profanity Filter doesn't work in-game as of latest patch.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cuy50

11-09-2011

So let me get this straight: You are an adult that is married and yet can't handle a few bad words? Just ignore them. Or mute players in game.

Syherost

11-10-2011

Instead of a repeated **************** blocking the message maybe make the curse work like Chris Hansen curse filter. He fills it in with a "blank". In game chat would be for example. "Blank you all", "I will blank you up." I dunno the harm the kids will take to this but as an adult I would find this more amusing. It would deteriorate the sentence to no recovery In my most humble opinion.

Mechageo

11-10-2011

Point blank shot would take on a whole new meaning. Also: I can't remember what I was going to say after this... My mind is blank.

CV01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

**** you and **** your wife. say hello to the first ammendment *****.

Mechageo

11-12-2011

In response to cuy50 and MikuHatsune39:

Swearing doesn't make you an adult. Just because I am married doesn't make me enjoy pointlessly using vulgar words.

Polite society isn't dead, and you aren't likely to get far with insults and vulgarity.

The first amendment protects freedom of speech. You're free to say what you want to those people you come in contact with in real life, where you will have real consequences.

The League of Legends Terms of Use (which you agreed to abide by) state that the following behaviors (and much more) are grounds for disciplinary action:

"Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Riot Games, is deemed offensive, including, but not limited to, language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable"

As you agreed to these terms, as long as you're using Riot's servers and game, it doesn't matter what the first amendment says.

So you have an idea, MikuHatsune39, I consider your last post before this reply to be offensive because it was: abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene and otherwise objectionable.

Riot wants this game to be polite, competitive fun. They provides tools assisting with this.

Had you said this in a game, I would have reported you; but as I have this wonderful medium of communication open to me, I've decided to reply instead.

See you on the Fields of Justice!

ShenTianWen

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikuHatsune39 View Post
**** you and **** your wife. say hello to the first ammendment *****.
Comments like this make me wish the Tribunal judged forum activity in addition to game behavior.

Only the ignorant and the immature think that swearing and being an adult are related. Swearing adds nothing to your ability to express yourself. It only degrades the speaker.

I can't give Mechageo enough +1s.

dlysele

11-15-2011

now you know why he is married. at least he has a life.

unlike some who has no life except the penta kill scores in front of their screen to be proud of and considers it to be the best achievement in their life.

and sir, if you ever goes online with your wife, I would love to enjoy the game with you two. I love people who speaks sensibly and process their brain logically.