Profanity Filter doesn't work in-game as of latest patch.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mechageo

11-04-2011

Hello,

I play this game with my wife and after the latest patch we aren't seeing any profanity filtered out of the chat.

We have the profanity filter enabled in the launcher, is there another way this needs to be enabled in game now, or is this a bug?

Thanks for the help!

Alyran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

I...I didn't even know there was one. o.o

Zayith

11-05-2011

As far as I'm aware of, that'll be a bug if that's the case. Submitting a ticket is what I recommend. Personality, I have the profanity turned off so I haven't experience such a issue but I'll in about 5 minutes to confirm this.

Brb. About to swear every word in the book in a custom game.

Zayith

11-05-2011

Ok. There's no point of me to provide a screen shot but I've confirmed it. Swear filter no work.

Lorethmar

11-09-2011

Yeah, this is kind of annoying as I never use the PvP.net chat but the ingame chat is necessary for team coordination - and yet people cuss all the time in-game and it doesn't get bleeped out like it does in the PvP.net client.

On the same topic, it would be nice if there were a simpler way to ignore a player for the duration of a game session. Right-clicking on their unit portrait for a small context menu would seem the ideal place for such a button, as many of us already play games with similar interface functionality.

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

11-09-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorethmar View Post
On the same topic, it would be nice if there were a simpler way to ignore a player for the duration of a game session. Right-clicking on their unit portrait for a small context menu would seem the ideal place for such a button, as many of us already play games with similar interface functionality.
There is a button on the scoreboard you can use to mute people. I'm wondering if players are having trouble noticing this.

ManyCookies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
There is a button on the scoreboard you can use to mute people. I'm wondering if players are having trouble noticing this.
So THAT'S what that is. I thought it was structure for undeveloped mic support or something.

KnightWhoSaidNee

11-09-2011

played for 6 months and I found that button yesterday

Oberic

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
They are I've had friends mute me trying to fix it, they had to re-add me to friends after in some cases.

A chat bubble doesn't make sense for mute/ignore icon.

A simple fix would be to replace it with the Silenced icon.

A sure fix would be to replace the icon with the word "Mute", and have a tick box next to it.

DireRaven

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberic View Post
They are I've had friends mute me trying to fix it, they had to re-add me to friends after in some cases.

A chat bubble doesn't make sense for mute/ignore icon.

A simple fix would be to replace it with the Silenced icon.

A sure fix would be to replace the icon with the word "Mute", and have a tick box next to it.
I agree... i had no idea what that icon was for. I assumed it may have been a shortcut to send a private message but never bothered hitting it. O.o