Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Testing Summoner Spell changes on PBE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hyperfire

11-04-2011

Will they be tested? I don't think anyone can deny that it's a potentially big balance change. So I'd be a good idea to get some play testing done by a wider audience before they go live. So are there any plans to test it on PBE?

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

11-04-2011

Quote:
hyperfire:
Will they be tested? I don't think anyone can deny that it's a potentially big balance change. So I'd be a good idea to get some play testing done by a wider audience before they go live. So are there any plans to test it on PBE?

I'm sure this is something that the PBE is set to test. I don't think we have any Rioters or Reds confirming or denying this yet, but I think its safe to assume this is one of the reasons the PBE was brought into existence.

I hope my speculations have helped!

ThePrimeSuspect

Recruiter

11-04-2011

Yeah its being tested for sure.

Kick 2 the face

11-04-2011

its been tested for 4 months already. i dont know if they want us to test it.

smokeyzulu

Recruiter

11-04-2011

Yeah, I hope this is that "many things we have for you to test" comment that Ace gave me when I asked what was after Spec testing...

Hope springs eternal!

Archmage Ilmryn

11-04-2011

They said they had something big and exciting for us to test soon, so this is probably it.

I will miss using masteried fortify to get double kills on tower divers though...and all tank all fortify troll games.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

11-04-2011

Quote:
Archmage Ilmryn:
They said they had something big and exciting for us to test soon, so this is probably it.

I will miss using masteried fortify to get double kills on tower divers though...and all tank all fortify troll games.

Deeefinitely this. I had a friend who love to take it on Amumu just so he could punish anyone tower diving or attempting to take towers (or multiple towers at the same time).

Kinda makes me sad to some spells go.

smokeyzulu

Recruiter

11-04-2011

Quote:
WerewolfTrey:
Deeefinitely this. I had a friend who love to take it on Amumu just so he could punish anyone tower diving or attempting to take towers (or multiple towers at the same time).

Kinda makes me sad to some spells go.

This. Though to be fair... it's a good reason the change, but it's gonna be difficult to see them leave nonetheless.

Thedafool

11-04-2011

"We currently want PBE to be a place where we can implement new features and make sure all the bugs associated with it to be reported and fixed before we take it live. This is much more important than testing balance, as having major bugs are very toxic to a player's experience because they might not be able to play altogether. For example, the FPS issue that everyone here helped identify by sending in their logs is much more vital than any small tweaks to a champion."

^ Read into this what you will, is it a new feature or a balance change?

My opinion, I think we'll test it

mablibsking

11-04-2011

Quote:
hyperfire:

Yes. It'll probably be available for us to test. As it is a very big change.