Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thanks for gimping supports again Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SNSD Tiffanyx

11-04-2011

Quote:
VeigarTheHorrible:
Actually, we think support champions are cool. What we aren't very fond of is the current no-cs, brush-sitting playstyle in bottom lane. It's something we're currently talking about to see what tweaks we can make to better incentivize active/engaging gameplay for supports.

They are called SUPPORT for a REASON. What do you call someone who can 2 shot an enemy? A CARRY.

L2P you own game plz.

outfoxxed

11-04-2011

Quote:
Kumor:
As a Janna main who just got bored of sitting there and weakening waves with rank 1 tornado for my lane mate or else I get trolled. I thank you all.

Love Janna, if my lane mate starts sucking I can quickly make 1-2 adjustments to my skilling and build to farm entire waves in a single tornado. But then the complaining starts.....

Edit: Let me make this very clear, I only farmed the waves myself when my lane mate did good to get a single creep out of a wave even with my help. Janna after a certain point is impossible to deny creeps unless you totally push her out of lane.

Edit2: Lol, down votes because I personally love a champ but don't want to be forced into playing in a VERY specific way?

i ****ing hate jannas who push with their tornado. eat downvotes

bigp132

11-04-2011

I don't get it.. my post below the red has downvotes but all i see in actual posts are people basically agreeing with what I said. If you agree with Veigar and disagree with me I would like an actual explanation please. To me, if someone is going for high CS, they are inherently not a support at all. If you think differently, please tell me why.

iMainFizz

11-04-2011

Quote:
VeigarTheHorrible:
Actually, we think support champions are cool. What we aren't very fond of is the current no-cs, brush-sitting playstyle in bottom lane. It's something we're currently talking about to see what tweaks we can make to better incentivize active/engaging gameplay for supports.

So, you don't like the no-cs brush-sitting playstyle supports do, so what about garens insane early game damage -brush sitting play style?

BlastTyrant

11-04-2011

taking out fortify is the dumbest idea i think i have heard riot do to date. Fortify use to give you that extra couple seconds you needed for a team mate to arrive or revive, now it is literally GG once a ace is done.

Harvester

11-04-2011

They've already made at least one successful, fun to play, engaging support in my opinion: zilean. I admit that he is a bit of a magey support, but he is still ultimately supporting the team rather than bursting down the enemy team. He deals good damage for a support, he has very unique abilities, he is still used at high elos if he isn't banned, he looks and sounds really cool, and I think that he is balanced.

bigp132

11-04-2011

Quote:
Ipitydafool:
That's a bold faced lie and a poor way of thinking. There are plenty of other games where the supports/healers are just as valuable to gear up as the other players. No one wants supports to need as much farm as the carry but more then 15 would go a long way to making them more enjoyable.

They don't release supports because tons of people hate playing them. I played a Healer in WoW for years and always gravitate towards supports in video games. Not this game, cause it's mind numbingly boring.

Maybe in an MMO or some other type of game, but in a MOBA, I believe the support is supposed to let the carries get farmed and help them get farmed, while requiring little to none of their own. You can't call a different interpretation of something a straight up lie. I also don't see how you could give support CS without taking away from the carries unless the support is either in the jungle or roaming besides the current way supports get CS of picking it up when the carry isn't in lane. It doesn't seem ideal for a team to give a support CS.

Ravel

11-04-2011

Quote:
VeigarTheHorrible:

I can understand that, but it seems like you just prefer that people play offensive supports like Blitz, who support by enabling kills, rather than defensive supports like Janna which excel at ****-blocking her enemies with hardly any CS.

If somebody wants to sit in the brush w/ 0 CS being a ward/aura-bot, then shouldn't they be allowed to, provided that their chosen support method isn't overpowered?

Kumor

11-04-2011

Quote:
outfoxxed:
i ****ing hate jannas who push with their tornado. eat downvotes

lol, ok? It's all the interactivity I get in a lane other than shield. Janna doesn't even have a heal besides her ult, and that's dumb to pop pointlessly.

Either way I'm not just someone who randomly blasts Q at minions because I like seeing things bounce. Stop assuming everyone is a moron. I only do it, when it's a good idea to do so. Say the lane is getting pushed too close to our turret, I weaken the wave for easy farm.

And if my ally can't get any farm it's not like we are actually pushing the lane all the time anyway. I would only use it then to slow down pushes or push back to middle. Otherwise I would use auto attacks to farm when possible.

ViashinoWizard

11-04-2011

Quote:
VeigarTheHorrible:

How does nerfing CV discourage that?