Thanks for gimping supports again Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talbat

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osashes View Post
The two new spells are going to be a HUGE buff for supports. Get your facts straight before you start whining on the forums..
Surge will only be a worthwhile spell if the mastery is NOT miles down the offensive tree.

Promote won't be useful to supports. At all. See what was posted above.

I don't know what the hell Riot is thinking. But as a support player... I feel very, very ignored and betrayed.

bourbonowns

11-04-2011

Bump, no clue why Riot hates the Support class.

Hell when is the last time they released a Support even... Karma?

Buck Strickland

11-04-2011

You don't need flash if you know how to position.

chumbler

11-04-2011

CV was ridiculously powerful and you're lying if you say otherwise. I played a lot of support with CV and I'm not going to be dishonest bout how strong CV was. I don't know how it survived so long in the state it was in.

PhantomMasaka

11-04-2011

new meta: 5 man tanky dps surge rotation.

Cuz1972

11-04-2011

I love how 1 spell gets nerfed without any details means Riot hates support. Heal might now be a great support tool, same thing with Surge, but please keep ignoring things that might benifit you for the sake of being offended.

ChellyLily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki Ryu View Post
No one at Riot cares about supports or support players anymore. We have no one, and the nerf to CV is proof of that.

Who was crying about CV? What team brings CV unless it's on a support?
Protip- they don't.

Supports have a job. We try to save our teammates (thanks for the heal nerf Riot), we spam our heals, knockups, shields, stuns, and silences in teamfights and try to not get killed, buy aura items if and when we can afford them, but our main job is to buy wards and use CV to have vision on the map. If it is a junglers job to gank and get kills, it is a supports job to counter that. More wards to buy now. Next they'll increase the cost of wards.

Why do you keep wanting supports to be 'clutch'? Do you know how boring it is having to wait, and hold off on spells for the 'right' moment. It's punishing as well. Now all I am going to hear is 'y u use cv noob, we need it now, thy do baron hurr durr?!?!' Supports already get blamed for bad games. We don't get kills (no, we don't need 'tons of damage' Phreak, thank you though) and we don't get cs. Our game depends on what our team does, and right now a support could not turn the game around if it was going badly. We don't have good items or item choices, and there are few true support champs to play as who are good. And now we don't even have flash to escape as often, and our main spell, CV is bing nerfed. GG.

tl;dr It's no fun being support because no one supports you.

PS If you didn't see it there is a new thread in the announcements forum about summoners in season 2.
You're not supporting me very well making a big ass thread like this, now shut up and heal me.

Velkorious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Quote:
nerf $per 10 items? nerf support
nerf those heals? nerf support
Ruin taric's ult? nerf support
nerf CV? nerf support
remove locket? nerf support
make boots of lucidity more expensive? nerf support

and of course we have tanky dps to thank for half of these

Murasaki Ryu

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarigs View Post
When supports are on bottom lane with an AD carry, they're typically during the end of the laning phase about 3-4 levels BEHIND. Flash is there lifeline, and after nerfing heals practically into the ground, it's like you want them to just be feed for the other team.
Ugh. This is soooo true. It is impossible to get to lvl 18 until late late game. And even then you'll never have all the items you could have because you have to buy wards and there are no alternatives to the expensive aura items. So you're a squishy ward machine for the other team to kill.

Murasaki Ryu

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloper View Post
You're not supporting me very well making a big ass thread like this, now shut up and heal me.
But I'm Janna and my ult is down.

Problem?