Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thanks for gimping supports again Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Øsh

11-04-2011

The two new spells are going to be a HUGE buff for supports. Get your facts straight before you start whining on the forums..

Murasaki Ryu

11-04-2011

Quote:
Wild Panic:
Well...how about you don't take CV on your support? (GASP*)
Try and be original, maybe there will be a better spell that will work out.
I mean it's not like CV will be un-usable, imo CV is a little TOO efficient right now.

How is it too efficient? And no one will take CV unless on support.

Murasaki Ryu

11-04-2011

Quote:
Osashes:
The two new spells are going to be a HUGE buff for supports. Get your facts straight before you start whining on the forums..

Oh you mean promote and surge? Did you even read what they did. Promote isn't going to be needed more that vision. And since you can only use it on cannon minions you have less chances to use it. I can't promote a minion to go facecheck a bush for me so I can place a ward down without getting jumped on. And this 'surge' spell. Who knows how good it will really be. Other role could take this spell though. This wouldn't be a support only spell. Sure they could and maybe they will. But it is at the cost of having more vision. Which is a more important job. Maybe you should think before you make a comment in this thread.

Murasaki Ryu

11-04-2011

bump!

Marsvoltian

11-04-2011

Im kinda anticipating Surge being run on Supports instead now. Not sure, but it would seem viable in my mind. Only the numbers will tell.

Hawklaser

11-04-2011

While I am looking forward to surge a bit, hopefully CV is not getting hit too hard. Only because Surge+Taric ult is gonna be fun.

Wards punish junglers just as much as CV does, the one benifit CV had was you could actually get information on their jungler without having to invade their jungle. Besides there are some junglers you really do not want to find in their jungle in person. Really the most punishing CV on a jungler is the first one done on them as it gives your team a good idea on the route they are taking,

KoKa1AShOT

11-04-2011

Nice, a other bunch of Champions that will be hiding....

leacky

11-04-2011

I think Riot should stop beating around the bush and just tell us that they dont give a **** about support. That way I won't have high hopes every week and a half for a new support champ.

ladygagaissexy

11-04-2011

I remember the good old days when heals did something, Soraka was a good support, and not an AP carry. And nobody wanted to nerf CV. Or gold per ten.

Porpoise

11-04-2011

Quote:
Murasaki Ryu:

Supports have a job. We try to save our teammates (thanks for the heal nerf Riot), we spam our heals, knockups, shields, stuns, and silences in teamfights and try to not get killed, buy aura items if and when we can afford them, but our main job is to buy wards and use CV to have vision on the map. If it is a junglers job to gank and get kills, it is a supports job to counter that. More wards to buy now. Next they'll increase the cost of wards.

Amen. The things that they're doing to both cv and flash are terrible. CV is the counter-gank vision awareness summoner spell of LoL. By nerfing both flash AND CV everyone takes a hit. Supports get it worst. When supports are on bottom lane with an AD carry, they're typically during the end of the laning phase about 3-4 levels BEHIND. Flash is there lifeline, and after nerfing heals practically into the ground, it's like you want them to just be feed for the other team. League of Legends doesn't need more aggression! It's not all about DPS. It's about STRATEGY and skill. Ganks don't require skill when all you have to do on WW is run into a bot lane bush and hide. Seriously Riot, don't drive this game into the ground.