Thanks for gimping supports again Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murasaki Ryu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Riot has confirmed that they are making a new support champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We are working on at least one new support. Remember support does not always equal healing (Janna is a great support with no heals).
MAJOR EDIT- Not only are they nerfing CV but they are nerfing the mastery for it too. It went from 4 seconds increased duration with 5 second cooldown to two seconds increased duration. Ouch. Already that is horrible, I shudder to see what they do to CV to add to this. They have also tried to justify their choice again in the patch preview. First I want to point out that this patch also has a Sona nerf. Thanks Riot. Thanks a lot. Second of all you say you want supports to have other options, like heal. Didn't you nerf heals? Fine I'm only running soraka. Three heals, have fun with that one Riot. Buff clarity! But don't nerf support heals and then go buff summoner heal. And finally to CV. You are nerfing it because of ganks. Yet most ganks do not work because of warding. NOT cv! This will only make more passive game play. You have not justified how this will make anyone more aggressive. Supports use cv so we don't need to face check. So we can help our jungler invade, to check baron and dragon. Promote only works on cannon minions meaning it can't be used often and maybe not even when it would be useful. Good job trying to make us feel better about this. You almost made it seem like this will help supports. But no. It's not. The fact that you nerfed a support in the exact same patch preview speaks volumes.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/masteries-season-two# -masteries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIVRTR6Gwyc - patch preview

No one at Riot cares about supports or support players anymore. We have no one, and the nerf to CV is proof of that.

Who was crying about CV? What team brings CV unless it's on a support?
Protip- they don't.

Supports have a job. We try to save our teammates (thanks for the heal nerf Riot), we spam our heals, knockups, shields, stuns, and silences in teamfights and try to not get killed, buy aura items if and when we can afford them, but our main job is to buy wards and use CV to have vision on the map. If it is a junglers job to gank and get kills, it is a supports job to counter that. More wards to buy now. Next they'll increase the cost of wards.

Why do you keep wanting supports to be 'clutch'? Do you know how boring it is having to wait, and hold off on spells for the 'right' moment. It's punishing as well. Now all I am going to hear is 'y u use cv noob, we need it now, thy do baron hurr durr?!?!' Supports already get blamed for bad games. We don't get kills (no, we don't need 'tons of damage' Phreak, thank you though) and we don't get cs. Our game depends on what our team does, and right now a support could not turn the game around if it was going badly. We don't have good items or item choices, and there are few true support champs to play as who are good. And now we don't even have flash to escape as often, and our main spell, CV is being nerfed. GG.

tl;dr It's no fun being support because no one supports you.

PS If you didn't see it there is a new thread in the announcements forum about summoners in season 2.

Keep this thread bumped, as well as this one that is about supports as well!!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1435463

Edit: Oh god this thread. O.O

Riot as you can clearly see, supports are mad. You really should listen to what WE supports want and not what you think what we should be. Like I said above, we don't want to ks our carries or steal the limited gold available. I want to save my vayne so she can carry. I want to be able to get off a shield that will keep my teammate alive. I don't mind being a wardbot/babysitter. There IS fun in it. We do it for a reason. Work with us Riot. You say you want to help us. And I'll buy that. I think your hearts are in the right place, but right now you are NOT helping. We want champs, and skins, and items, not more nerfs.

Edit2: +500 votes <3
+600
+700
+800
+900
+1000 YAY!!!! Thank you all so much.
+1100
+1200
+1300
There has been a lot of good posts, so I am going to add some to this post so they get more vision (because that's what supports do, give vision... I know lame sorry). Let me know if there should be one that needs to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
There's a big discussion I have about this about every two months, as there's some insane notion that we hate support champions as a concept. This is just simply untrue.

I'll start with a simple question; if support champions are always getting gimped, ruined, and we hate them so bad, how are they still so prevalent and powerful in the game? Real games require support currently, and have for quite a long time.
Found here. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1446636&page=73


Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDLOTF01 View Post
There have been quite a few threads recently on the lack of support love from Riot recently.

The fact that CV is getting nerfed combined with the fact that the last "support" released was Karma (who never gets used as support anyways) shows me that Riot truly has lost interest in the support class. They have become all about the center stage lead singer carries with their aggressive dives and attacks and abilities. Well honestly Riot, sometimes the bassist of the band deserves a little attention to.

In fact with the Talon patch a month or two ago, they changed the supports to be more aggressive and more like their carry counterparts. Guess what? Some people like the support play style a lot just the way it is.

I understand Riot, that you are a company, and flashy cool new champions will be the ones who will get bought because everyone likes getting kills and carrying their team, so you like to make them.

But FFS, this Riot worship of the 6300 IP carry who plays hyper-aggressively is getting old. Seriously Riot. Let's count backwards when the last support was released.

Shyvana, Graves, Xerath, Riven, Talon, Skarner, Wu Kong, Leona, Yorick, Orianna, Vayne, Rumble, Brand, Lee Sin, Nocturne, Jarvan, Maokai, Karma (1-31-2011)

That's right. January. And that's being extraordinarily generous calling Karma a support.
And look at all the other champions in there. It's every kind. Tanks, junglers, ranged ad's, bruisers, AP mages, AD carries.

This is ridiculous Riot. Make a new true support champion.

Please vote this up if you think Riot should show support players a little more love, and please comment with your thoughts and opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iG Social Pariah View Post
Unless you completely turn this game upside down, that will never, NEVER happen.

Simply put, gold flowing into your carry means they carry harder, and you pack more sustained damage for a team fight. More gold flowing into a support means there heal every ~20 SECONDS *because you nerfed every heal CD in the game recently, remember...?* you heal slightly harder.

Unless supports can have a consistent effect on a team fight, so you don't see that golds usage every ~20 sec, a support taking gold away from anyone else will be an utter waste.
My reply to Morello


Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki Ryu View Post
Several people have already answered you. But I feel as the OP I need to tell you my answer as well. The fact is that while you may like support champions and the idea of them, you and your team have shown from the choices you have made that Riot would rather have us be aggressive and do some damage . However, support players do not want this. My thread all 70+ pages can attest to that. All I can hear in my head is Phreak going "And Janna does TONS OF DAMAGE with..." and it makes me want to cry. Supports and their items have been nerfed to the point that our best option for our team is to be 0cs and ward bots. I still find this fun. And now this nerf to CV. A few patches into season 2 I can see an increase in the price of vision wards. I will make a thread with the same title when that happens. We don't get any compensation. Not even reworks that would make supports easier to balance if that is the issue. Nothing is given back to supports. All you do is take and take and take. We don't even get new support champions or even skins for the ones we have. All I see as a support player is abuse and neglect. The ONE person who was a known support player on the Riot team left. And now I am here with you Morello. And you have the gall to say there is some insane notion that Riot hates supports when we get nothing.
Another good reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatesuneFukyu View Post
So why are we constantly shafted into nerf nerf nerf nerf (what is going to make Support much LESS interactive to play, rather then MORE interactive) , when you actually havn't done any progress on changing the 0CS support meta you hate so much, and even worse, you guys CAUSED the 0 CS support meta by nerfing everything they get

We can't help feeling hated by you guys, the last true support champion was 1 year ago and we have had one skin this whole year. if that isn't symbolism for hate, i dont know what is, support - the only class what has been nerfed more times then the number of champions in its roaster

When you add Nerfs + no support champions + no support skins, does this somehow equal we love supports to you guys at riot?

You think if you gave the same amount of nerfs to junglers? people wouldn't play junglers?
They would because it's a core in the team, the problem is they would have to shift into a more boring role what people dislike playing
Image by Feminism lololol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katic

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Flash nerf hurts everyone that isnt tanky dps. :/
and tanky dps was strong enough as it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TruePoint

Senior Member

11-04-2011

EDIT: Front page of the website, derp. Now I feel stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UndeadKarthus

Senior Member

11-04-2011

=(....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EagLeaf

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruePoint View Post
Link please?
Check the news.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Miku

Senior Member

11-04-2011

:<


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wild Panic

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Well...how about you don't take CV on your support? (GASP*)
Try and be original, maybe there will be a better spell that will work out.
I mean it's not like CV will be un-usable, imo CV is a little TOO efficient right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bluemind210

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Season 2:

No more squishie carries.
No more supports aside Alistar and Taric.
CV? PACK ANOTHER SURGE
Tankydps are god tier, Surge gives them extra MR,AR, AD,AP,AS. Cleanse makes inmune to CC.
Tryndamere and Olaf are top ban now. Totally broken and unable to defear.
Enemy team as Ashe/Kog'maw/Caitlyn/Vayne in their team? PFFFFFFTTTTT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH NOOBS, AUTLOSE enjoy my Irelia/Skarner/Jarvan/Xin/Tryndamere diving at you and killing you instantly while I cleanse your exaust you can't even jump over Dragon's wall with flash.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

Senior Member

11-04-2011

not again....

nerf $per 10 items? nerf support
nerf those heals? nerf support
Ruin taric's ult? nerf support
nerf CV? nerf support


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murasaki Ryu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemind210 View Post
Season 2:

No more squishie carries.
No more supports aside Alistar and Taric.
CV? PACK ANOTHER SURGE
Tankydps are god tier, Surge gives them extra MR,AR, AD,AP,AS. Cleanse makes inmune to CC.
Tryndamere and Olaf are top ban now. Totally broken and unable to defear.
Enemy team as Ashe/Kog'maw/Caitlyn/Vayne in their team? PFFFFFFTTTTT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH NOOBS, AUTLOSE enjoy my Irelia/Skarner/Jarvan/Xin/Tryndamere diving at you and killing you instantly while I cleanse your exaust you can't even jump over Dragon's wall with flash.
And suddenly I am more ok with 'better nerf Irellia' comments. =/