In-Game Communication?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spyke1970

11-04-2011

Guides need a section on how in-game communication works for those of us who are new to games like LoL. I was level 20 before someone finally told me to hit <enter> to open chat box. Prior attempts at asking for help resulted in team calling me "NOOB" or giving me false info like "hit <alt>+F4, which, of course, caused my game to close. I'm now level 24 and still don't know how to ping. I know you expect players to give helpful advice, but face facts guys. Most of the 20 somethings that play this game would rather laugh at me, call me "NOOB" and watch me fail, than give help.

Eulogistics

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke1970 View Post
Guides need a section on how in-game communication works for those of us who are new to games like LoL. I was level 20 before someone finally told me to hit <enter> to open chat box. Prior attempts at asking for help resulted in team calling me "NOOB" or giving me false info like "hit <alt>+F4, which, of course, caused my game to close. I'm now level 24 and still don't know how to ping. I know you expect players to give helpful advice, but face facts guys. Most of the 20 somethings that play this game would rather laugh at me, call me "NOOB" and watch me fail, than give help.
Did you really not know to press enter for chat? I'm gonna stop short of calling you an idiot, but....****. You do know you can hit escape and check what every keyboard shortcut is and change them, right?

Itzatrap56

11-04-2011

If someone is chatting to you while in a game use /r to reply to them. I have no idea how to send a tell from in game.

Spyke1970

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogistics View Post
Did you really not know to press enter for chat? I'm gonna stop short of calling you an idiot, but....****. You do know you can hit escape and check what every keyboard shortcut is and change them, right?
How would I know this info since it isn't in the guides and I have never played a game like this, and asking gets me smart-a** replies like yours? Was it really necessary to add the idiot comment? The least you could have done was answer my question. Thanks for nothing. I take that back at least you made my point about how players would rather make fun of people with questions than actually give real advice.

Spyke1970

11-04-2011

Wow 52 views so far, and 2 replies. One giving info and another insulting my intelligence. Real supportive community we got here.

kukarian

11-04-2011

It's kind of hard to explain all the functions here where I can't set examples on the forums, its easier to create a custom game with no one in it and explore the options there. Like Eulo said you can check the key options by pressing escape and going into key bindings. If you need any more in-game help you can add me, my ign is the same as my forum name

frenzykio

11-04-2011

How are you level 20 and have never spoken in in game chat. I feel sorry for your teamates

frenzykio

11-04-2011

pingign is alt click

rogueshadows2

11-05-2011

my ping is on my g key, but i can't remember if i changed that from the default.

hitting escape and then looking through the entirety of the ingame menus will give you all you need to know. best do it in a custom or vs bots game so you have time.

Meibatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

pinging can be done, by default, by using the G key to ping, and the V key for a "fall back" ping. both can be placed on the minimap after doing such. Don't know what kind of basics you still need, but it often helps to call "mia" (missing in action) for your teammates. This is a good idea when you see an enemy champion that was in your lane and notice he's not there. Helps the other lanes know when they might expect a gank (especially if they haven't warded their brush yet). If the champion returns, a simple "re" is enough to let them know that he's come back. You can also use phrases like "oom" to let your team know you're out of mana, "brb" when you're going to go heal/shop after recalling, "care" to remind your team to be careful (if a potential gank looks like it might be starting, but you're not there to help). Also useful is the simple "b" to let people know to get back (or get the heck out of the way).