Tenacity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
Too much cc reduction when you get over 35%.
If it stacked multiplicatively, 2 Tenacity items would be worth 57.75 Tenacity.

That's more than half CC Reduction, and lets not forget there are 3(?) champs with natural CC Reduction as well: Irelia, Singed and Mundo. And there's also some champs who have just outright CC/Disable breaking/ignoring abilities like Alistar, Gangplank and Olaf.

Tenacity stacking=Fiddles, Rammus and Ashe suddenly lost a ton of effectiveness...hell, so do Amumu and Leona, and any other CC based character.

Now, if base Tenacity were lower, THEN I might see it as a balanced thing. Say, 20% per item. Then, having 2 would be worth just a little more than the 35 Tenacity we get (literally 36 Tenacity actually). 3 Tenacity items would be almost 49, and then all 4 (since they're Unique) would be worth 59 Tenacity. And CC Reduction stacks multiplicatively on it too, so there's no way you'd hit 100% anyway...Okay, maybe 15 Tenacity per item would be more balanced for that. With 15 per item, maximum would be almost 48 Tenacity.

3mptylord

11-04-2011

I think if we start too small it'll be useless only having a single item.

Perhaps just diminishing returns? Like stacking slows. The highest is 100%, and subsequent are only worth, say, 50%.

Konoton

11-04-2011

I wish there were a item that gave tenacity and AD instead of AS and crit.
That 20% crit isn't dong me much good if I don't build any other crit.

Nea De Penserhir

11-05-2011

I think the first step to opening the door for an active choice on tenacity is removing it from Mercury Treads.

Mercury Treads
Movement 2
+25 MR

Unique Active: Remove one Snare effect and render yourself immune to further snares for 2 seconds.

MrS8N

11-05-2011

Cleanse boots! Awwww yeeeeaaaah now you're talking.

Not.

King Cube

11-05-2011

You're not grasping the real reason Merc Treads are the #1 tenacity item.

Slot efficiency.

Honestly read the stats the other items give you. It's nothing special, early-mid game stats.

When it comes to end game, you still need lvl 2 boots, however, so a slot is going to be used on boots anyways, that's why people pick up Mercs.

Otherwise you'd still have Boots (say Sorc Boots for example) and then have to use a slot for Moonflair Spellblade. We all know that is not happening.

There needs to be a legendary item that is slot efficient for late game so that people can itemize for that and get different boots.

Or leave things as is.