My Teemo Costume with details

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Violetmyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

Since the contest is officially over, I am posting my Teemo costume.(Pictures attached) I didn't win the contest; However, I did want to share how I made my costume for those who may be interested.

1. Dart gun - I made the dart gun using baking clay and a wooden skewer. I shaped my clay around the skewer so that after baking it would have a hole running all the way through. I then took some fake plant leaves, cut them to be shaped like the three leaves on Teemo's weapon, and painted them accordingly (blue, pink, orange). I tied the pink one to a lighter piece of clay, using brown thread, that I then glued to the weapon. Teemo's weapon has a small lighter thing on the end, I noticed it while looking on the 3D skin viewer. I tied the blue and orange leaves to the weapon as well.

2. Shorts/green bags - I used plush brown fabric to make the shorts. This was the easiest part of the costume. I just measured, cut, and put the pieces together to make a nice pair of comfortable shorts. The bags were very simple as well. Just some green fabric that I made into two small Teemo bags. ^_^

3. Red fringe - I found some red tassle-like material, and then I went about gluing it into a collar so that I could wear it around my neck. This is supposed to be Teemo's red fur collar.

4. Helmet - This was the most time consuming of all... I had to find a bunch of cardboard and proceed to making a circle that would fit on my head. Then I had to cut pieces into long thin triangles. I glued the triangles in a dome-shape with a hot glue gun. (See pictures as this is hard to explain). Then after finishing the cardboard hat, I used spackling paste, or Bondo, to completely cover the hat. After 24 hours of drying, I had to sand the hat down to make it smooth. I proceeded to spray paint it army green. Another 24 hours of drying. After that I glued light blue feathers to the top of the hat.

5. Ears - The ears were simple enough. I just found light beige material, cut it into four triangles. Sewed the triangles to make two ears, leaving the bottom un-sewn. I then stuffed the ears with fiber filling and super glued them to the top of the helmet. I then painted a light pink triangle on each ear for the "inner ear" section.

6. Goggles - More cardboard! The goggles were made using cardboard, hot glue, paint, screws, brown material, and plastic. I shaped the cardboard to resemble goggles, making them 3D. I glued the plastic to the front of the goggles where I had cut a hole in the cardboard. The material was glued to the goggles to make the nose band and strap. Of course I painted the goggles white for primer and then red for the actual costume color. In Teemo's model he has 4 screws in each goggle eyepiece. One screw in each corner. So I replicated this by actually screwing my cardboard goggles into my helmet.

7. Shroom - The mushroom was made using plush fabric for the top (green and purple) and regular fabric for the bottom (beige). I basically just made this like you would a stuffed animal. It's very soft with it's nice animal stuffing :3

8. Spyglass - The spyglass was made using three toilet paper rolls. I cut them so that I could resize them, then I glued them together. I cut out a plastic circle and made it the lens. Then I spray painted the toilet paper rolls gold. I attached a brown strap to the spyglass so that I could wear it around my neck just like Teemo does.

Hope you guys like my cosplay

GanjaChamploo

11-03-2011

id hit that

Slimmy Jim7

11-03-2011

Wow great job! Sounds like you worked really hard on this costume.

Tazzzzzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

holy ****, i wish i had the patience for things like this

TenDz

11-03-2011

Cool, I can see why you didnt enter, but that shouldnt have stopped you from entering. I was really suprised by some of the honorable mentions or even the ones that placed. Odds are always better then you think.

Violetmyst

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenDz View Post
Cool, I can see why you didnt enter, but that shouldnt have stopped you from entering. I was really suprised by some of the honorable mentions or even the ones that placed. Odds are always better then you think.
I actually did enter :/
But I knew I wasn't going to win haha. That Orianna costume blew my mind. And I can't believe that Riven costume didn't make it in.

Hidden Sniper

11-04-2011

So many cute Teemos. xD
Here I thought he couldn't get any cuter.
So much work got put into it too, nice job.
Riot should have like a huge gallery of these, so cool. xD

TheNymph

11-04-2011

That helmet is really well done, and you even did the shroom! +1

Violetmyst

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Sniper View Post
So many cute Teemos. xD
Here I thought he couldn't get any cuter.
So much work got put into it too, nice job.
Riot should have like a huge gallery of these, so cool. xD
It'd be cool if they kept a gallery, but I bet they just trash the non-winners

Ankokukai

11-04-2011

this is the only way that i dont hate teemo, lol ~ good job there, pretty nice