Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How can I get better ping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Dim Sum

11-03-2011

Okay first off I live in Guam...yes, it's US territory, I'm a US Citizen, and I speak English. So I prefer to play on the NA server.

Anyway my ping here is okay...but it's not preferable. Like 140-170. At 140 it's reasonable, but at 170 the slight delay effects things like last hitting, sometimes even can mean the difference between getting that kill, and that guy getting away and /all chatting nice try noc...

So yeah I know given my distance, I know I may never get the amazing ping you guys get on the US mainland (which from what I've seen is anywhere from 30-70). But I'm hoping to get maybe like 100 one day. I already had my ISP upgrade my DSL and bond my lines. So I was once getting transfer rates of 2.5k down and 0.5k up and now it's more like 7 kbps down and 1k up. I am using a wired connecting directly to my router. This is what helped my ping drop from 170 to 140.

Anything else I can try to get better ping rates? does anyone know the actual IP address or server name for LOL that I can tell my ISP to possibly check their routes? Maybe they can re-route?

or am I pretty much SOL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HuntsAlone

Wrenchman

11-03-2011

You could try port-forwarding although I really don't think this will help.
The only thing that really helps ping is having a nice connection speed and location.

http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20133372-port-forwarding-for-league-of-legends