<Open RP> The Makers Hand Pt. 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Papa Palpatine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

((Seems like everyone who isn't dead or mine is in the tunnels with Nite. As a side note, I just accidentally refreshed the page and ERASED MY ENTIRE POST. I AM NOT HAPPY. AT ALL.))

Papa Palpatine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

Sid walked into his workshop with great purpose. Upon entering he strode directly to his worktable, more specifically, an artifact that greatly resembled an armillary sphere. However, this artifact conformed to no recognizable map of the heavens. The rings that formed the contraption were each inscribed with runes as well as made of different metals. Sid placed the gem that had emitted the alarm into a socket at the center of the artifact, where the sun would have been were this a conventional armillary sphere. While he worked on properly setting the rings, which served as dials, he spoke to the another person in the room.
"Casper, well done in bringing Gerry here."
Casper merely acknowledged the words with a slight nod from his masked visage.
Gerard on the other hand, was far more vocal as he stepped out of the shadows that had been concealing him, "I must say Sid, I was very surprised to find out that you not only knew i was in the Institute, but that you actually sent for me. I was rather hoping that my arrival would be a surprise."
"Oh come now Gerry, of course I knew you were here-" he broke off his thought for a moment, "Casper would you hand me that jeweler's glass?"
Casper stepped forward to fulfill the request, beaten to it by Gerard, "Here you go," he handed the tool to Sid, "So, you were saying?"
"Thank you," Sid took the small brass tool without taking his eyes off the calibrations before him, "Well anyway, as much as I wish this were a social call, I need a favor."
"I wouldn't happen to owe you a few dozen of those would I?"
"Should be about thirty three you owe me by now."
"Rhetorical question. What do you need?"
"A good friend of mine seems to have had a relapse of a certain condition. I want to see if I can help."
Gerard looked up from fiddling with various small objects around the room with a slightly puzzled expression on his face, "And you think you can? You're an artificer, not a doctor."
"And this is a problem artifice may be able to solve."
At this moment Melchior and Candice arrived in the workshop.
"Regardless of whether or not you can solve the problems with artifice or not, why do you need us?" Gerard gestured towards the new arrivals.
"I need you four in case I can't help him. Let's just say that if it goes badly he well be dangerous to a hell of a lot more than himself."
Candice put her hands on her hips, "Gee, thanks for the warm welcome! 'Hi Candice', 'Nice to see you Candice'; I swear Sid, sometimes you have the absolute WORST manners," suddenly calm again, she turned to Gerard, "Who're you?"
"Gerard Cromwell, at your service." He tipped his hat.
She looked him up and down, "Huh, so Sid, why are we here?"
"Remember Nin-Aj? Nice fellow? Sand powers? Nomad?"
Candice thought for a minute, "I think so..."
"Well you met him when we were travelling with Haelion Bastion. For a while he was using a corrupted power. We thought Haelion had fixed it, but it seems that since his death the corruption may have returned."
"Artifact related?"
"Most likely."
"Well then set up the transporter."
"Already done," Sid stood back and admired his work, "all I need to do is, Ahh! Found it!" he pressed the activation button and all five occupants disappeared from the room with a thunderclap.

((Phew, wall of text. Anyway, Nin-Aj, the thing with Curoch can be totally minor; I do not intend to make it a big thing, I'm just using it as an entry point into the story.))

SmileyDemon

11-05-2011

(( I am here but I've been busy If you guys are in a tunnel then Pandora would have gotten separated from you guys (being a large dragon and all) will post later if I am able ))

freAK47

11-05-2011

Jake stepped towards the group. "......*sigh* Alright. Cassandra feels that you are trudtworthy. I'll go with what she says. But if anyone tries anything, you will be killed. Now then. Sledge, could you give them a hand with their companion?" With that they formed a small circle around the group. Sledge walked over and picked up Nite. Jake motioned for them to get going. "Ready to leave?"

((EDIT: if palpatine jumped in now, it might look really bad))

Boogeybeast

11-05-2011

Nites eyes fluttered open. He was being carried by a rather large fellow through a tunnel. His vision, being obscured didn't afford him a look around without alerting them to his consciousness. He rolled off Sledge's shoulder, landing on his feet in a combat stance. He looked around, seeing his companions, he eased himself, "I've seemed to make a mistake, my apologies," he bowed, "I am Nite," he seemed unphased by the lack of an arm. His other arm reached to his waist, where he felt his belt pouch with his fragments. "Where are we?"

Papa Palpatine

11-05-2011

((Freak, remember that I can play fast and loose with my entrance, after all, all of my group's preparations there could have happened while you were fighting the patchwork golem, or after you get out of the tunnels. Right now my characters do not have to function in quite the same timeline as the rest of the group. Trust that I will enter when the time is right. Then again, who is to say that the right time isn't while you are all in the home of a race of creatures that will attack me on sight?))

NinajFridge

11-05-2011

((Papa right now I'm really not sure where I'm going with it either. So far the sand infection hasn't come back but I kinda miss that))

Papa Palpatine

11-05-2011

((Yeah well Curoch resurfaced. That's enough to trigger the safeguards Sid has in place. Either way, I am curious to see what you do next.))

NinajFridge

11-05-2011

Nin-aj got up resignedly. He was stiff from walking and the pain from before. He scratched his arm. It hurt like hell but he was used to pain. He kept scratching, suddenly he recoiled. He withdrew his hand from the robes and peered at it. There was sand on his finger tips. He lifted the robe on that arm and saw nothing. He looked at his finger to make sure that what he saw was what he thought. But there was nothing there. He looked at both his arm and the hand in puzzlement.
Curoch what the hell are you doing?
What need have I to employ such underhanded measures? If I wanted your body I would take it!
Then why haven't you? You've made it clear that you want nothing to do with me and want to get out and take over the world again. So why haven't you erased me from my own mind like you tried to do before? Why do you persist with me?

Curoch stayed silent and Nin-aj knew that he would get no answers from him. He shrugged his arm and moved forward.

(( Papa do I know about your "Safeguards" I've forgottern If I do or not))

Papa Palpatine

11-05-2011

((You do not, the "safeguards" are simply a plot device I thought up to get Sid and co. into the group.))