Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Priscilla's Needs to Go

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

11-06-2011

They need to improve Priscilla's to 30%. It isn't good enough. Once it is viable people will learn to adapt to it at all skill levels.

A zeal to get to a point faster is always better than the cap speed, helps clear out enemies in the way, and synergizes with that BT or IE.

Of course, if they improve it then Rammus becomes 'more' mandatory, if that is even possible.

Vydelar

11-06-2011

Actually, for certain champions, Priscilla's can be useful... the problem is that people think Priscilla's is an early game item. It's not. Priscilla's should be item 5 or 6 in a build. Thusly the vast majority of the time, we got all these gits that go mobility+priscilla as 1+2 and are not credit to team till way later in the game.

bledwhite

11-06-2011

I have not counted the number of times I have won games for my team by going mobility Janna and then ninja-capping with Priscilla's. It has its specific uses, but only if you have a team who is tough enough to defend check points first.

A lot of the anti-Priscilla people here seem to be so contradictory. How can you say that ninja-cappers lose games for your team, and then say that it is frustrating to deal with one on the opposing team? It's either one or the other. Decide.

The point is, point-capture is part of the game. Different teams use different strategies. Ninja-capping is one such strategy. By moving around and capping, even if you don't successfully capture the point, you distract someone from the other team and force them to come down and deal with you. That is the trade off for having less impressive stats. So obviously people who choose this route ought to be rewarded accordingly.

All the anti-Priscilla people are obviously too lazy to think of ways to counter them (the usual forum QQ-ers), or have had bad cappers on their teams (which is by no means an indicator of the deficiency of the item).

HowlingKommando

11-06-2011

I think it's about fine where it is now. Definitely does not need a buff, and I agree with the post above that it can be useful as a side item mid-late game for faster caps.

ThDon

11-06-2011

Personally I have no problems with Pricilla. I don't see why they should remove it. Downvote.

Ansre

11-06-2011

It's the difference between finishing a backcap or having to run away with it at neutral, giving a free cap to the enemy.

The real problem with backcap is that so many are interrupted before a node fully flips. That's alot of time spent on questionable value.

Quote:
Inkyjinx:
backcapping, ninjacapping, whatever. i'm going backdoor and splitting your team and causing confusion. if you come after me, i'll get away - or kill you 1v1.
I think the point is, it can't define your entire approach to the game.

I watched an Eve grab mid, then head straight to the enemy mid to backcap. Needless to say, we got stomped 3v4 at top, then Eve got stomped at enemy mid while it was still neutral.

I've seen more than a few terrible players try to go dedicated backcap; few actually know enough of what they're doing to make it work. Dedicated pushers with promote are more likely to succeed at fully flipping a node. They also don't get priscilla's + boots of mobility or some equally weak build.

FDru

11-06-2011

Once the enemy team sees you built it, you might as well sell it because they're going to defend and it's going to be next to useless.

The extra cap speed is nice but too bad it's the only thing good about the item.

Mísanthropic

11-06-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:
I've always been concerned about the effect of this item, and I agree that it's not working out for the better of the game right now. We'll be looking at it soon.

Looks like Priscilla's Blessing will be going the way of Innervating Locket Soon™.

Killfear

11-06-2011

So I don't understand the poo poo about PB. Here's the last 10 games I've played using BDrammus exclusively... 10 wins, zero loss... Boots of Mobility and PB were my first two items every game, and then built defense to match team comp.... I'm able to participate in team fights and juggle between two turrets pretty easily... if there is no obvious turret to buzz to, then support wherever the gang is heading to attack.. once we get the majority, buzz between both points they control to prevent them from focusing on our territory.

I would think if this is not viable, I couldn't win 10 games in a row doing it. What am I missing?

DarkOneBR

11-07-2011

Quote:
Killfear:
So I don't understand the poo poo about PB. Here's the last 10 games I've played using BDrammus exclusively... 10 wins, zero loss... Boots of Mobility and PB were my first two items every game, and then built defense to match team comp.... I'm able to participate in team fights and juggle between two turrets pretty easily... if there is no obvious turret to buzz to, then support wherever the gang is heading to attack.. once we get the majority, buzz between both points they control to prevent them from focusing on our territory.

I would think if this is not viable, I couldn't win 10 games in a row doing it. What am I missing?

I think you're missing the fact that you're playing Rammus, the permabanned champion and who's one of the few champs on whom PB is core, due to his role in the game;
The most annoying back-capping ******* on the map.