Priscilla's Needs to Go

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prometheius

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
AS with Warmog, what's the evidence that priscilla was bad for the game? Was it used a lot? The only negative effect is that its an AWFULL item and people that buy it was a hindrance for the team. Do you have stats that indicate that at high elo people with prisiclla blessing dominate the game? If not what's the evidence that was used to make this call?
The fact that those who buy that POS item tend to lose more than they win?

pavante

11-14-2011

I think the game is quite interesting with priscilla's, albeit in a slightly different way. The item actually allows for teams to rotate points when excessive pressure is placed by the opposing team on a single point. Currently, if a team decides to 3-rush windmill, then the opposing team can try to delay the cap while pushing the bot point with the back-capper to quickly take it over and maintain a 3-point hold. This strategy is countered by sending a strong defender to your bot point, while maintaining map awareness to shift some resources to your mid point when you see that it is going to be back-capped.

Priscillas problem is that it makes single man back-capping quite strong, which I do understand can be quite frustrating (although easily counterable with good team dynamics). However, removing priscillas means that the strength of bigger groups in dominion becomes significantly larger. This means that instead of trying to cap the opposite point when under pressure, it might become a better decision to just teamfight. If your intention is to decrease the individual power of the dedicated back-capper while maintaining their team importance (and as a bonus side effect decrease rubber-banding due to desperate back-capping, which works incredibly well against disorganized teams), then I believe there is a better way to do it:

Instead, make it so that the capture rate is increased by 5% for each ally capping the point. This means that coordinated rotation to counter pressure being placed on an opposite point is still a viable strategy. This also means that the individual power of the back-capper is reduced quite a bit, so that annoying teemo/shaco cant go around ripping any semblance of team organization to shreds, but that his team value is still very high.

Hikaru Genji

11-14-2011

Yay, Priscilla's going. Sadly, there will still be horrible backdoor Eves...

TehomCD

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
AS with Warmog, what's the evidence that priscilla was bad for the game? Was it used a lot? The only negative effect is that its an AWFULL item and people that buy it was a hindrance for the team. Do you have stats that indicate that at high elo people with prisiclla blessing dominate the game? If not what's the evidence that was used to make this call?
If an item isn't used at high Elo because it's bad, but it's used at low Elo and produces a negative experience, then removing it is the only logical decision to make.

Cyndikate

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
If an item isn't used at high Elo because it's bad, but it's used at low Elo and produces a negative experience, then removing it is the only logical decision to make.
Well why can't the low ELOs just learn to counter it then?

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
Yay, Priscilla's going. Sadly, there will still be horrible backdoor Eves...
Nope they'll just camp near your spawn forever now. Eve suffers from CoD syndrome on dominion so badly.

5371EI

11-15-2011

Just make Dominion all random all bottom. Back dooring was a pain in my ass but it just meant my play style had to be adjusted and focus more on map awareness. I'm not understanding the philosophy behind the changes that are being implemented into Dominion since it has come out. Some seem geared towards making it less of a blood bath and adding strategy, while others towards fostering a play style of hold 3 spots never push out and just take turns holding the windmill. I suppose you are just trying to find the sweet spot, but to me it is just starting to get bland.

I can't deny how happy this change has made a lot of people so maybe that's all that matters. Also, nerf Irelia.

NorthStar22

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndikate View Post
Well why can't the low ELOs just learn to counter it then?
Because they can't. That's why they are low ELOs.