AP Shyvana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirSquishy

11-03-2011

So i just tested it a couple times in vs. AI (cuz i'm not cruel enough to test something this crazy even normal) and it seemed to work really well. So I wanna get everyone's opinion on it.

Build Order on Test:

Tomb+Pot
Sorc boots
Lichbane
Malady
Nashor's Tooth
Wit's End
Void Staff (although I'm thinking rylai's would have been better for slow and HP)

Skill order: R>E>W>Q.
First 5 levels: E-W-E-Q-E.

Runes were a bit messed up, but this is what i used on the test.

Quints: MPen
Reds: MPen
Yellows: MP5/lvl (forgot to change them out before I started)
Blues: CDR

Obviously the yellows should be changed out. I'm thinking probably armor.

Summoners
Flash
Ignite

Concept
The idea is centered mostly around the passive for E (extra 15% dmg of E to debuffed targets) and AS to get the most out of it. It has a lot of burst, and the E seemed like it would be really good for harrasment early.

Overview and thoughts
Obviously I was pretty fed, but I was able to burst down Shen bot, WW bot, and Taric bot failry easily. MF and Ryze bot got destroyed. The biggest problem I ran into was chasing WW bot, which is one reason I wish I'd have gone rylai's instead. The other major issue was that I was VERY squishy, again can be helped by the rylai's. If the E didn't land, damage was quite a bit lower. E had great burst plus the extra dmg on hit. The overall burst wasn't insane, but still quite good. Plus her sustained damage was good as well. AS got close to 1.9

Pros
Good burst and sustained damage
Good early harrass
Farming wasn't much worse than normal builds

Cons
Squishy
E must hit
Some wasted mana and mp5 stats

Could there be some item changes like a deathcap or something else?
What does everyone think?

SirSquishy

11-03-2011

Selfish bump

Yondame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-03-2011

theres no reason to go AP, you're weaker in all stages of the game

TheAbraxis

11-03-2011

logic, how does it work?

BigProoF

11-03-2011

why would you run mp5 yellows when you dont have mana.

SirSquishy

11-03-2011

Because i forgot to change them out before. I did in fact say that they should obviously be changed out

xzarion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

E and R are the only things that scale with AP (horribly at that). E is a skillshot with a terrible cooldown and R is a static 67 second CD if you don't auto (and being a squishy that wasted gold on ap items, that won't be often)

There's absolutely no reason to go AP with Shyvana, though I had hoped she'd be a better hybrid or possible melee caster.

Also, Mp5/lvl yellows on a non mana user? the fvck? definitely would use AP oriented ones if you are trying (heaven forbid) AP shy.

SirSquishy

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzarion View Post
Also, Mp5/lvl yellows on a non mana user? the fvck? definitely would use AP oriented ones if you are trying (heaven forbid) AP shy.
I did say "they were messed up" and "they should obviously be changed" that's just what i had when i tested it cuz i forgot to change them. I'll fix the original post to more clearly state this.

PrincessCarrot

11-03-2011

Just stop and think for a second : what are the advantages of going AP with Shyvana ?

You're still dealing damage in the exact same way, get on someone's face and land all your spells on it to spam your AA and Q, only this time you're fully dependent on landing your E on the enemy to get any use out of all this AP you built. So building AP doesn't allow you to do your job in a different, potentially surprising way.

You're still dealing sustained damage based on your AA, so building AP isn't giving you any significant surprise burst.

You're building full glass cannon with no sustain, you can only do that against bots who have strange ways of picking their focus target. Try that against real players and you'll explode instantly as soon as you press R to leap in the enemy team.

Based on the build I'm seeing, your damage didn't scale from AP but from AS, so the only difference between this build and a more standard one is that instead of building survivability (useful) and AD (useful) along with that massive AS (useful), you just built AP (less useful)

Sure you were still able to kill bots, because you had AS and Shyvana scales well with that, but if you had built AS + AD/tankiness, a full build would have allowed you to 1v5 the bot team easily, and you would've used exactly the same gameplay anyway.

silentfinger

05-15-2013

This is a much more viable concept now in season 3. run with 9/21/0 masteries mpen red, h/lvl yellows, mr blues, and ap quints. I try to balance the ap/as/tankieness a bit. I usually end up with soc boots, malady, iceborne, liandry's mask, wit's end, and rylia's.
I like thinking of obscure builds and i think ap shyvanna is a lot more viable than most would think. Ap shyvanna has tons of burst dmg and just dumps it all on a whole team if exectued properly. Hope you nay sayers reconsider!!! =D