Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Warmog's Armor is Confusing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ryushishin

11-04-2011

Madred's Bloodrazor to Mared's Bloodclaws. Makes sense.

But what about Atama Impaler? How does an Armor and Sword make a Spear? Or Zyharoa's (spelling) Hourglass provide defensive stats when its a frigging Hourglass.

Warmog's Armor is gonna be hard to rename really. Techincally it provides Health which almost acts like "Armor" as it helps you last longer.

Speirszitu

11-04-2011

Quote:
JayceJa:
it used to be called warmog's living armor, which made more sense

the only name/icon discrepancy i think needs changing is the heart of gold, the turtle shell icon isnt really fitting at all, and was only used since they had it leftover from the old regrowth shell that was removed.

I kinda like the discrepancy of that, don't really know why..

MrS8N

11-04-2011

I'm not too into the lore so I don't know if any of this is true.. but perhaps Warmog was a legendary creature that had relatively little defense except for an ability to absorb massive amounts of damage and regenerate himself quickly. Eventually Warmog was slain and this "armor" was crafted from parts of him, granting some of his ability to absorb punishment and regenerate.

Makes sense to me at least. It's kind of like the Golden Fleece from mythology or item drops off of legendary mobs in MMORPGs

Nekomata Waltzer

11-04-2011

You haters are missing the point. Every other item in the game is fine, because their names don't say anything contradictory. The only other items I can think of with stats in their names are Manamune, Mana Manipulator and Cloth Armor, which actually make sense. I have no problem with most metaphorical names.

If there was an item called Tenacious Blade, I would expect it to grant tenacity. If there was an item called Madred's Lifestealer, I would expect it to give you lifesteal. Therefore, Warmog's Armor should not be called that unless it gives you armor. It's just common sense.

Quote:
MrS8N:
I'm not too into the lore so I don't know if any of this is true.. but perhaps Warmog was a legendary creature that had relatively little defense except for an ability to absorb massive amounts of damage and regenerate himself quickly. Eventually Warmog was slain and this "armor" was crafted from parts of him, granting some of his ability to absorb punishment and regenerate.

Makes sense to me at least. It's kind of like the Golden Fleece from mythology or item drops off of legendary mobs in MMORPGs

This gives me some ideas. Warmog's Carapace?

TheCajungreg

11-05-2011

Quote:
Exdeadman:
I wonder how brain****ed this guy gets thinking about how they make a magic revolver out of 2 books.
That or how a wand and a rod make a hat?