Playing to be Evil: Its Good to be Bad! [3.0] New and vastly improved!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nasty Toxic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Just read this. Awesome!

Boomsey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2011

I'm so glad guide makers are making sure that they clearly mention that kills don't matter nearly as much as getting a turret down, even if it means getting it to half health. Now I can finally prove to my friends that even with less kills, you can still win.

Cleo

09-06-2011

Bump for a great guide that should be read by all, even 2 years later.

12ABM0

09-14-2011

To preface,
I understand that this is somewhat contextually off topic but I would love to see a section or some discussion on the topic of using finishing/high damage attacks to break the moral and teamwork of an opposing team. To make myself a bit clearer I'll explain this strategy as it pertains to me. 99.9% of my solo queue games I use Caitlyn. Once I reach level 6 and gain my ultimate I usually try to pressure for a kill (having been harassing and exp denying to this point.) Since my teammates can tend to be less than reliable this will usually result in us mortally wounding one champ that runs away while a support or tank gets in our faces to slow the persuit. My favorite answer to this is to position myself in a way that when I cast my ult on the nearly dead enemy champ, the remaining tank/support has the choice of either compromising his positioning as well as eating the damage and almost certainly giving us a kill or running away and giving me a kill on the fleeting champ we unsuccessfully gank-ed. My goal here is to turn a botched kill attempt on our part into frustration between the enemy team. I usually follow this with some sort of snide remark like "wow, didn't think he'd let that hit" or if he blocks it and we get a kill something like "nice block! ><". It may be hard to discuss this specifically with every champ but I feel this technique is underutilized overall and can frustrate the hell out of any team with at least one hothead.
Thoughts?

Ansalem

09-20-2011

Quote:
To be bound by a sense of morality is to be bound by a set of rules that go unregulated. From Alexander the Great to Genghis Khan, these men knew more than anyone that power and success only ever come at the expense of others power, and others success. The world lives in a state of balance: for every winner there must also be a loser, and in face of the greatest opponents, indeed, many losers.
That's all well and good, but it's only true in zero-sum games. In positive-sum games, this mentality would ensure defeat every time. In positive-sum games, either everyone wins or everyone loses; there is no middle ground there.

Fortunately, LoL is a zero-sum game. Good read so far, I'll try to read all of it when I have the time.

Lord GiantR

09-20-2011

Bump

Swenka

09-20-2011

Bump cause this guide made me the LoL player I am today

Yeoj13

10-05-2011

Loved it, will refer anyone that doesn't understand the basics of this game to here.

Zinthros

Recruiter

10-07-2011

This can get you banned pretty easily now. Tribunal is extremely aggressive.

Rrbhaunoch

Recruiter

10-07-2011

This is the third time or so that I've read this guide, it really is one of the best guides I've ever read for any game, and it really is applicable to just about any PvP game. When I first read this guide I was firmly in the defensive tight archetype, and I have barely passed over into the aggressive tight. I am a much better player for it, but still not nearly as good as I would like to be I highly recommend people that think they are in 'ELO Hell' read this guide!