Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Playing to be Evil: Its Good to be Bad! [3.0] New and vastly improved!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zirkonium

04-28-2010

I don't understand how playing tight can be seen as superior to loose.

While it can be beneficial to play aggresive tight at the start of the game, everyone should play loose towards the end of the game. Often the game, especially in PUGs, boils downt into a few team fights. First few times things go mediocre, because people are a afraid to engage. The tank needs to give his team the confidence he'll be there to soak the damage and he can't do that by playing tight.

Once he engages, all 4 team mates should follow him without hesitation. This requires aggresive loose playstyle from them as well. 1 or 2 people hesitating can lead to the rest being wiped and 5 enemies pushing for the nexus. The fact that those 1 or 2 survived might look good on their k/d ratio, but they'll be powerless to stop the incoming force anyway, so their tight playstyle hasn't gained the team anything, while if they had attacked, there might have been 3 death enemies instead of 0, reducing their push significantly.

At least, if I understand your definition of loose and tight correctly

ZO KidKaiser

Recruiter

04-28-2010

Page 23
^ go read it.

Letkhar

05-09-2010

*Reads the first paragraph*

Wow, you're an ******* with WAY too much time.

Unbreakabull

Recruiter

05-12-2010

Awesome guide man! Ive had a really good time reading it as it is well done and lightly explained. We can feel that you had actually fun writing this.

CommisarCain

05-12-2010

Good dirty tactic is to get rdy for the lvl 1 bush fight. Type GL:HF in all wait1.5-2 seconds and cross over to initiate. With any luck you will catch them mid reply. Dirty but it has worked for me on more than 1 occasion......

Incineration

05-12-2010

I find you pitiable how decieved you are by your own egotism and emotions.

Surpises are in store.

Arturias

06-03-2010

This guide is fantastic! The narcissism truly agitates people. You can see it in their comments. Your guide works! Another dirty trick is to use twisted fate and type in /dance at mid. Watch the enemy attack you and gold card them. They'll start retreating and go back to dancing and type in /all "Lol nice try."

Arturias

06-03-2010

Quote:
Zirkonium:
I don't understand how playing tight can be seen as superior to loose.

While it can be beneficial to play aggresive tight at the start of the game, everyone should play loose towards the end of the game. Often the game, especially in PUGs, boils downt into a few team fights. First few times things go mediocre, because people are a afraid to engage. The tank needs to give his team the confidence he'll be there to soak the damage and he can't do that by playing tight.

Once he engages, all 4 team mates should follow him without hesitation. This requires aggresive loose playstyle from them as well. 1 or 2 people hesitating can lead to the rest being wiped and 5 enemies pushing for the nexus. The fact that those 1 or 2 survived might look good on their k/d ratio, but they'll be powerless to stop the incoming force anyway, so their tight playstyle hasn't gained the team anything, while if they had attacked, there might have been 3 death enemies instead of 0, reducing their push significantly.

At least, if I understand your definition of loose and tight correctly

He explains this by saying the true game at a poker table starts when half the players have been eliminated. A lot more people will not get strong hands. That is the time to play loose. He's basically saying do more ganks.

chaosbeowulf

06-03-2010

A good guide. I especially like the profiling and the psychology warfare aspect of your guide. One suggestion: can you put in something like how a certain psych profile would work with the others in a team? For example, I guess I'm the defensive-tight type, and playing with most Aggresive-loose type completely infuriates me sometimes. Any pointers there?

macsauce

06-03-2010

The sole reason I even opened the attachment was to find some quotes to burn you on. 25 minutes later I was 35 pages in, great read.

The way you compared LoL to Poker is incredible.

Keep up the good work.