How to counter Jinx?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wzrdx

Recruiter

03-12-2014

Every game where Jinx is picked before our team I get a little scared, especially as an ADC main.

I tried playing champions that 'counter' her, and according to those specific sites it's supposed to do the job (obviously some skill involved) but mostly there's no avail.

My question is how exactly do you ADC mains counter Jinx? She always ends up snowballing even if I were to play defensive.

Please help -- thanks in advance!

MoonshadeRequiem

03-12-2014

Depends on who you're playing, and who your support is. She has limited mobility and escapes so she's very vulnerable to support harass (I did really well in lane as a Kog vs Jinx last night largely due to how much my support Vel harassed), as well if you have a sustain support then try and get jungle ganks a lot cuz if she's pushed up shes a sitting duck. Her Zap is very telegraphed so you can either body block with minions or just get early boots to dodge it easier. Her ult is tricky to manage since you need to make sure you don't eat it unless you know you can live it, and if you don't need to don't eat it unless its to deny her a kill. Your sup going to die if they eat the rocket and theres no chance of their dodging? Eat it.

The tactic you need to use vs Jinx heavily relies on her support, if she has a support like Leona you need to be defensive cuz she will be poking like mad, and if Leona gets a good engage off expect to lose most of your health or die. If she has a poke support like Vel, or Lulu expect having to play dodge doom, you will likely be under your tower for most of the lane since thats the safest place to evade the poke. If she has a sustain support like Raka you wanna go as agressive on her as you can without pushing the lane too hard, poke her when she CSes and if you see her go rocket mode for a counter attack pull back so she can't get more than one off.

Life steal is your best friend in this lane since you will be eating poke quiet often and need a way to sustain it back up. I don't care if your Ashe build calls for IE first, least grab a vamp scepter or you'll be chipped away at till Super Mega Death Rocket will kill.

Wzrdx

Recruiter

03-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonshadeRequiem View Post
Depends on who you're playing, and who your support is.
I appreciate the response, so what champions counter her? And what supports are good to play against her?

I seem to always be pushed up against my turret which always turns out bad for me, as her support (most always a tank (leona)) will just beef up from farming and eventually dive and their CCs will shut down me and my support, it seems like that almost always happens especially now that I'm climbing the ladder of leagues.

Finally, would it be a good idea to just have her banned if I'm first pick? Or is it not even worth using one on her?