why more armor than mr items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scynexx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

to me, this rly makes no sense considering that there are pretty much more champs that prioritize in magic damage rather than physical is it is quite rare to find a full ad team to stack all that armor with. i think some new mr items shuld b made.

lilbit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

All champs do physical damage.

AntiTcb

11-03-2011

Because autoattacks exist.

Vuther

11-03-2011

Health is like a secondary magic resistance because magic damagers tend to be more reliant on burst, and thus less powerful when their target doesn't die, where physical damage just keeps autoattacking.

JustMyBassCannon

11-03-2011

Armor is in higher quantities than MR because DPS don't have a cooldown. AS lets them hit like twice in a second.

This is also the reason Casters get a higher % Pen value than DPS.

Scynexx

11-03-2011

so i shuld b afraid of an ad annie?

Crazyflames

11-03-2011

Basicly, most AP relies on burst, with cheap plentiful magic resist the burst drops significantly. This is why there are very few options for anti-burst. Also AD is every attack, the only champion that you might be able to compare it to is Karthus (Spamable Q and DPS area with almost no cooldown) even then ratios limit AP champions significantly.

AntiTcb

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scynexx View Post
so i shuld b afraid of an ad annie?
Actually, yes. Annie's base damage on her spells are potent enough to hurt, she still keeps her 1.5 second stun every 5 spell casts, she has the 2nd highest autoattack range without modifiers, great base AD and AD scaling, and...yeah. Don't underestimate AD Annie.

JustMyBassCannon

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTG AntiTcb View Post
Actually, yes. Annie's base damage on her spells are potent enough to hurt, she still keeps her 1.5 second stun every 5 spell casts, she has the 2nd highest autoattack range without modifiers, great base AD and AD scaling, and...yeah. Don't underestimate AD Annie.
Actually, last I knew her range matched Caitlyn when they nerfed Cait's range. Did they put her back at 650?

But yeah, Annie has a 625 range. Pretty dangerous.

Morphio

Recruiter

11-03-2011

cuz ADs can atack all the time and APs no