Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Key Binding Presets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volafortis

11-03-2011

It would be really nice to have saveable key binding preset options.

My reason for this suggestion is this:

I play several different champs, Swain, Lux, Kassadin, Xerath, Nocturne, Alistair, and Singed are my primary champs, and they all have rather different skill sets.

Now, I love smart cast. It's a great feature that drastically improves reaction time and general playability, but I only like it on certain abilities, namely skillshots and ground targeting abilities. I generally dislike smart cast on single target abilities.

For instance, my preferred setups for all of the above champs are:
Swain: Smart cast only W
Lux: Smart cast everything
Kassadin: Smart cast only R
Xerath: Smart Cast Q and R, Manual E, W doesn't matter
Nocturne: Smart cast only Q
Alistair: No smart cast
Singed: Smart cast only W

Sure, it's possible to quickly change bindings in the 1:30 before minions spawn, but even when you know exactly what you're changing your bindings to, it takes about 15-20 seconds to do so, which leaves you 15-20 seconds behind everyone else in doing things like protecting your jungle/preparing a counter jungle gank, as it's horrendously unsafe to do it while walking to the gank/protect location.

In addition, the reason I do not like the Shift+hotkey smart cast option is because it's too susceptible to mispressing in the heat of frantic team fights.

Allowing presets here turns it into a 5-second process, able to be completed before you pass your inhibitor turret out of the base.