[Guide] AP Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roffles

06-23-2010

Intro
This build for Ashe isn't really viable, but it's fun for a couple games on lowish ELO/practice games. Only Enchanted Crystal Arrow benefits from AP (1 to 1 ratio) so the idea is to have low CDR and spam your ult as much as possible. Your DPS takes a hit, but AP items also give you mana, allowing you to slow a lot more.

Masteries
9/0/21, take the 4 levels of CDR in Offense and the magic penetration.

Runes
Magic penetration for marks, and CDR for glyphs/quints work well.

Summoner Spells
Teleport - useful in general, and a fun trick is to shoot your ult at an opponent attacking a tower, and teleport to the tower. The stun should land just when you arrive, netting you a kill.
Flash/Ghost - you need an escape mechanism

Abilities
Same as an AD Ashe. take Volley/Frost Shot and ult when it's available.

Items

• Start with Meki Pendant + HP pots
  • On your first trip back, get as much of Stinger and Sorcerer's Boots as possible
  • After that, upgrade Meki to Fiendish Codex, get Sheen
  • Finish Nashor's Tooth and Lich Bane
  • Zhonya's Ring

Playing tips

• Try to take solo mid, you need to hit level 6 as fast as possible, concentrate on last hits.
  • Help out top bottom lanes with your ult whenever possible
  • Mana shouldn't be much of a problem, so slow often
  • Volley/ECR proc Sheen/Lich Bane, use this to your advantage
  • Don't be afraid to ult close range, your enemy will be surprised at the extra damage it does
  • Use your powerful ult to your advantage as much as possible early/mid game to get kills, because you become useless late game

Final Comments

I have won only a few games with AP Ashe, and I so far I have found this build to work best. If anyone else has tried to go AP, comments/suggestions would be great.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2010

Obviously for all intents and purposes of actually being effective through out the game this is a bad idea.

My only curiosity out of the issue is can you one shot squishies at any point in the game assuming of course you are similarly leveled and geared?

Corpsestomp

06-23-2010

I wouldn't think so, but with ECA+Volley+Lichbane, you could certainly do respectable damage.

Carados

06-23-2010

The problem being you'd do much better damage in every situation if you just stacked attack damage and bought a sheen.

Considering... it's the same basic build.

Corpsestomp

06-23-2010

Well, we all know AP Ashe is bad. The OP even admits it's not great. But if you insist on trying, might as well do the best you can. Constant Volleys = constant Lichbane procs, so with enough AP you could be bursty. It's just that you could have grabbed an IE and done consistent damage.

Also, considering how many kills/assists Ashe usually gets, a mejai's probably wouldn't kill you.

Kazeikan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2010

viable at lower ELO but imo not at mid-high Elo.
Ashe is better off going as AD and concentrate on reducing cooldowns for volley since volley is now capable of going +100 damage at the final level of volley so a high AD Ashe with low cooldowns = +100 damage volleys with high damage output and fast cooldowns on Ult.

I mean its ur build, and imo, i understand ur point in increasing the damage of the ult but doesnt really scale well with ashe. Unless theres an item that has both AD and AP then yeas.

someone new

04-13-2011

pretty sure u should see my match history i just played a normal and went 9-0-19 as ap ashe, the only reason the game before it was 5-6-13 is cuz i sold all my items mid game to turn into ap build lol it actually owns balls

KsGabrielle

04-15-2011

I love ashe she's my first favorite character.. BUT I NEED SOME HELP CUZ I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY VERY GOOD...

TheManStache

01-06-2012

Get archangels staff, lichbane, and of course, rabadons. after that just build anything with CDR and AP in one item. the archangels staff means your AP and mana will constantly rise. I had the frost arrows on non stop be the end of my last game, where I wen 10-1-0, I could also two hit master yi by close range ulting him, which proc's lichbane, and then simply autoattacking.

AMonkeyCourier

01-07-2012

Most retarded idea ever.