Orianna w/Nashor's Tooth; viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

I don't see Nashor's Tooth in too many guides or recommendations on a lot of champions, and from what I've read on a couple forum posts (like Ezreal) players say there's a lot of better items for so and so.

Is it the same case here for Orianna? I find that with 8 flat cdr/1 per lvl cdr glyphs and masteries I get ~40% CDR with just the 1 item. I also don't get anything else with +AS, but it offers just enough to make her AA stack quickly (for my tastes) since I find her passive pretty awesome. And of course AP and mp5 benefit without saying.

Any thoughts?

Cenerae

11-02-2011

Ori shouldn't find herself doing a lot of autoattacking, and this is why nobody recommends Nashors on her.

If you have a need for CDR and can't get a blue most of the time, you should just get a DFG or Morellos.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

What Cenerae said.

Autoattacking on Ori should be avoid at all cost (Also means that her passive is trash out of laning)

Asuramundos

11-03-2011

Alright, thank you both for the feedback

Aemon Darkstar

11-03-2011

Actually, a friend of mine has been running the following build on Orianna since she was released-:
Nashor's Tooth, Rageblade, Deathcap, RoA, (situational, often Lichbane if dominating or a defensive item)
He's a ~1500 ELO player, and Orianna's one of his top champs. So far as I've seen, its always worked out pretty well, and I scarce recall a game where he did NOT dominate. He uses this build to take full advantage of Orianna's terrific auto-attacks, and puts in enough AP to keep her a burst threat as well.

daxxifer

11-03-2011

i find that auto attacking orianna has a lot of viability in 3 v 3, but no t 5 v 5. more duels in 3 v 3, and between your auto attacks and the ball, you tend to have a pretty steady flow of DPS.