Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shen's heal nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

firexemblem

06-24-2010

lol can i argue annie is best tank evar!!! she is like rammus gains armor and magic resistance and returns physical attacks with her molten shield!!! and has AoE stun!! give her thorn mail and she is super useful! :3

kn3ll

Recruiter

06-24-2010

Shen's heal was his worst skill. Unless you were building AP, it was useless to yourself. You could probably count the number of games Shen's heal had a game-changing role on one hand. When I played shen I was ending games around 3.5k hp, healing for 75 over time didn't help me at all. I suppose if your entire team built Spirit Visages, it wouldn't be bad, though. I always got Force of Nature as Shen, which healed me more per second than Blade ever did.

AgriasO

06-24-2010

It's just useful for being thar. I've had countless close calls with other champions because of 30-50 health from a simple attack with lifesteal or spell with spell vamp.

Vivification

06-24-2010

Quote:
firexemblem:
Lol at this ^ you do realize that at max rank as to which you get the 75 hp from each hit. your silly idea of you AND your teammate hitting that are very nil. You cast it and hit the minion and its dead period. Your teammate does not benefit from it unless its on a hero btw. that would be the only case to which it would be "OP" as people are complaining.

It's not really that bad, because if you actually read up on Shen on the site and calculate, you'll see that no only does Vorpal Blade life tap the target to heal any champion that atks it by 75 per hit, but the amount per hit is increase by 20% of that chapmions ability power. So if your saying the champion has 300 ability power, thats an additional 60 per hit. Take that and you have 135 per hit and if your champion has close to max atk speed, thats roughly 6-8 atks by the time its over. So you just healed 810-1080 HP.

AgriasO

06-24-2010

Are you sure it stacks?

Vivification

06-24-2010

If it doesn't then they must have put a serious typo on the website XD because i use calculations like this all the time and they work.

firexemblem

06-24-2010

Quote:
Vivification:
It's not really that bad, because if you actually read up on Shen on the site and calculate, you'll see that no only does Vorpal Blade life tap the target to heal any champion that atks it by 75 per hit, but the amount per hit is increase by 20% of that chapmions ability power. So if your saying the champion has 300 ability power, thats an additional 60 per hit. Take that and you have 135 per hit and if your champion has close to max atk speed, thats roughly 6-8 atks by the time its over. So you just healed 810-1080 HP.

Really? let me see you get a 300 AP character with even close to max attack speed lol because even with bezerkers greaves nashors tooth trinity force madreds sword of the divine and zhonyas ring. thats 2.1 atk speed (still short) and only 256 ap (also short) and if you have yet to win the game and have been able to attain this i assure you that healing will be trash and you will most likely be one shotted on whatever squishy you would even be attempting this on

Vivification

06-24-2010

i never said it would be easy. Also, it would be better to try this on a 5vs5.

Vivification

06-24-2010

As for me, i've done it before, but only with Veigar.

Vivification

06-24-2010

Here for close to what i did:

Item Set:
1 Beserker's Grieves
1 Guinsoo's RageBlade
2 Nashor's Tooths
1 Zhonya's Ring
1 Last Whisper