Time out button???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illedean

11-02-2011

It strikes me as odd that a game of league of legends caliber lacks something so simple yes beneficial to it's in game balance. There are players who need to get up and do something on occasion such as taking an important phone call or perhaps a younger person is playing and their parents tell them to take out the garbage right in the middle of a match. these are frequent occurrences in the LoL community and impact the balance of many matches.

I often find myself in a game where I or some one on my team has to leave for 2-3 minutes, during that time the match can go from a nearly assured victory to a losing battle. It is a serious balance issue that discriminates against people who may have the occasional two or 3 minute interruption out of the blue on a regular basis.

I would like to see a time out feature implemented that would allow a team to call a time out for a few minutes when a player needs to up and do something.

b4t3man

11-03-2011

Man, that just has so many more negative aspects than positive. It could be easily abused by trolls and griefers. If you're only leaving for a tiny amount of time, warn your team and tell them to play a bit more defensively while you're AFK.

Otherwise it's just bad luck if you leave midway through for an extended amount of time.

xohix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

The argument most people will make against that is:

You know you're going to be occupied for the next 20 minutes to an hour +, clear your schedule so you won't be interrupted, or do not play. It is inconsiderate for your team mates to do so.

It's understandable if an extreme emergency comes up (ie your cat catching on fire somehow) but those cases should be few and very far in between.

Illedean

11-03-2011

The argument against it xohix is invalid. Not every one has the luxury of being able to say don't bother me for an hour. As for abusing the feature simple things such as permitting one time out per player and the ability for a team member of the afk player to end a time out as well as reasonable time out limits fixes all the issues. So no the positive vastly outweighs any negatives as the only negative is that people have to sit and wait for a couple minutes at most per match.

1ST BLO0D

11-03-2011

I'd hate to stop playing just bc an ally or an enemy needs to take a pee. Would be so annoying. I vote against this feature.