Dominion Myths

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xavderion

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Love the downvotes. The truth hurts. There is a reason no one is playing Dominion and I highly doubt it is because everyone in the community is "dumber than a box of rocks".
Then why are my queue times about 30 seconds, even at 5 am?

Bearacolypse

11-07-2011

I had a match where in the first 15 minutes as Leblanc I literally went around the match killing getting kill after kill without dying and capping points. However, we had a AP Master Yi and a very special Janna bot. We lost the game by 13 points despite having a 400 point lead because while I ganked bot for Janna then capped the point she would just sit on her turret until I was forced to retreat when they came to recap then she would suicide in >_<
By about the 15 minute mark everyone on their team was focusing on killing me and building MR, because my team was so bad they literally could ignore them.
(They had Ryze, Maokai, Graves, Lux, and Gangplank) I went from 20/0/11 to 20/10/11/ even being extremely fed having their whole team chase me around while my team literally did nothing. When the match ended at 23 minutes I had 10 captures 11 neutralizes 20/10/11 and an utter lack of understanding how a player (Janna) who had won (won mind you not played) 233 matches of dominion could be that bad at basic strategy.
We had (in pick order from draft) Leblanc, Shaco, AP Master Yi, Janna, Kog'maw.
Now the Shaco was good but he was screwed by our teams makeup.

Because I have seen this innumerable times in draft mode and wish I wasn't always team captain so I could actually counter pick
"Hmm I see our first two team members chose squishy ap assassins...time to instalock a squishy ap"
makes me facepalm.

Sadly, some games you just can't carry.

Stimuz

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
I see this **** all of the time on these boards:

-Ninja-capping champs are OP
-Balance on Dominion sucks
-It's an AD fest
-No teamwork
-Can't carry
-Casters blow
-No Skill

Frankly, these are simply the opinions of bad Dominion players. At my elo (+30 wins), I see a huge variety of champs, balanced teamcomps, teamwork, and ZERO ninja-cappers. Even Rammus is always played as a highly-mobile bruiser instead of some garbage ninja-capper.

Furthermore, want to carry? Nekrogen spelled it out for everyone: go dominate botlane.
It is an AD fest. Casters are good and are pretty much all I play. No skill is true to an extent. The most effective champs such as poppy/jax/akali/talon and any other gap closer + right click or short-as-****-CD-may-as-well-be-autoattack champs are absolutely faceroll to play at an acceptable level.

Black Lyon

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
I see this **** all of the time on these boards:

-Ninja-capping champs are OP
-Balance on Dominion sucks
-It's an AD fest
-No teamwork
-Can't carry
-Casters blow
-No Skill

Frankly, these are simply the opinions of bad Dominion players. At my elo (+30 wins), I see a huge variety of champs, balanced teamcomps, teamwork, and ZERO ninja-cappers. Even Rammus is always played as a highly-mobile bruiser instead of some garbage ninja-capper.

Furthermore, want to carry? Nekrogen spelled it out for everyone: go dominate botlane.
I don't think the balance in Dominion on the whole is bad, but there are issues. A group of about a half dozen champions are hands down better above all the rest. This isn't a big an issue in draft mode, where you can ban such champions, but in Solo Que it can be a real pain and a bore. I don't know how many games I've seen Akali, Jax, Heimer vs. Akali, Jax, Heimer and other such mirror matches.

I also somewhat disagree on the AD Fest. True, it isn't over the top bad yet. But team comps with 3-5 AD champs seem to be the norm in the games I've played.

The rest I'm pretty much in agreement with you on. Myths. I love Dominion and the fast past action it provides. But like anything relatively new, it will take some time to work out all the kinks and hiccups.