Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion Myths

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

11-03-2011

Quote:
Zavy:
I'd wager that either you're in a lower ELO, or you're not playing draft.

You got it! Why wait ten times longer to just ban a champ you don't like ;D

If LoL wanted to get real, they would eliminate Blind Pick from matchmaking...

Xalerwons

11-03-2011

Quote:
WaterD103:
Nekrogen I see you only plan non draft games, maybe you could start in draft as I think the elos are separated.

queue is longer, draft adds 2 minutes, and queue dodge % per pairing is higher

Kalimar

11-03-2011

So true about bot lane. My favorite champ for bot right now is morgana. I think she is even better than singed or yorick for bot.

Nekrogen

11-03-2011

Quote:
WaterD103:
Nekrogen I see you only plan non draft games, maybe you could start in draft as I think the elos are separated.

The normal elo is shared along normal and draft modes. However player base is different, but smaller in draft, which is why it does, on average, take 30%~ longer for draft games.

I would like to add to all those draft mode fanatics that if draft mode took less time to get into a game on average (queue time + bans + picks), I would definitely play draft more than blind. I play blind simply because I can play more games in the allotted time period, that is all.

Raxiroth

11-03-2011

"-It's an AD fest"

This is usually true in my experience. I've been playing Malphite lately for exactly this reason. Ridiculous amounts of fun against 5 AD champs.

brainlizard

11-04-2011

Quote:
Raxiroth:
"-It's an AD fest"

This is usually true in my experience. I've been playing Malphite lately for exactly this reason. Ridiculous amounts of fun against 5 AD champs.

Teams with 4 or 5 AD champs lose horribly to opponents that all buy a thornmail as their second items. Malph just rubs it in even more

Primanocte

11-04-2011

Quote:
Nekrogen:
My queue times exceed 20 minutes on a regular basis, even with "approx time = 35 seconds" or something like that. I've played during all times of the day, and only times they are lower than 15 minutes is middle of primetime.

There are the occasional extremes however. Sometimes I get lucky and it starts in under 5 minutes due to re-queuing players and sometimes my queue times are over an hour long. Its the average amount of time that I have to wait that I can't stand. Maybe this will change with ranked, I don't know.

This post pretty much demonstrates why most of the "myths" stated by the OP are in fact, true. If Dominion was balanced, had some depth to it, or required actual team strategy, more people would play it, and queue times wouldn't be through the roof. There is a reason people have stopped playing Dominion since its release, and it has everything to do with the supposed "myths" stated by the OP.

Galgus

11-04-2011

I won't say Dominion balance is perfect, but I find myself frustrated with balance there far less than on Summoner's Rift, perhaps due to gold income being more static.

Flash actually feels balanced on Dominion, maybe even a bit under-powered in its cool-down.

My favorite thing about Dominion is the wider variety of viable builds and tactics available.

TouchinMyself

11-04-2011

Quote:
Primanocte:
This post pretty much demonstrates why most of the "myths" stated by the OP are in fact, true. If Dominion was balanced, had some depth to it, or required actual team strategy, more people would play it, and queue times wouldn't be through the roof. There is a reason people have stopped playing Dominion since its release, and it has everything to do with the supposed "myths" stated by the OP.

No, all it really demonstrates is that as a whole this community is dumber than a box of rocks...

This game DOES require team strategy and that become more clear the higher your Elo gets.

KrupsMcGee

11-04-2011

Their recent changes had a much bigger impact than I expected. And I've recently been dominated by a 21-0 Panth. He carried, for sure and that wasn't the only time I've seen a team carried.

Dominion is still my preferred mode of play. So fun, but it's plenty balanced and competetive as well.