Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion Myths

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

Recruiter

11-03-2011

Sona is good in dominion

maxusmaximus

11-03-2011

Quote:
KommunistKevin:
Doesn't matter if her Q cast is instant anyone with 700 range will be able to lock on since they will most likely to using smart cast and hovering their mouse over you while button mashing, if you are playing against bads you might be able to kits them but for most people you won't be able to.

If you wanted to kite people all day why not play nidalee or mundo, kassadin etc... so many champs kite better (more range, more damage, more escape)

Sona sucks in dominion because she is balanced around a 5 man team

When she has 4 teammates around her with her Q and W on she can give out a ton of free gold stats

And her ultimate is a ranged amumu ult on a high cooldown

You could build the same items that you build on her on any other champ and be a much bigger credit to the team, since most people just get trinity force and then build tanky

oh well we're just gonna have to agree to disagree, i'll keep on winning with her while your saying she's bad thats fine

brainlizard

11-03-2011

Quote:
KommunistKevin:
Dominion is VERY imbalanced, any champ that was balanced around getting a ton of farm or having a dominant laning phase, any champ balanced around support, any champ balanced around INSANELY POWERFUL ULTS with INSANE COOLDOWNS, any champ that was balanced around INSANE burst and flash meta are not viable.

many champs are not even remotely viable, several champs are downright broken and the game is basically decided in champ select

This is overstatement and oversimplification. Most champs are viable, just not necessarily for the same reasons they were viable on SR.

Nekrogen

11-03-2011

Well, whenever I decide to play dominion again (the queue times have been just too high and it's getting old), I will attempt to make Sona bottom lane a viable strategy. :P

Jadarok

11-03-2011

Quote:
Nekrogen:
Well, whenever I decide to play dominion again (the queue times have been just too high and it's getting old), I will attempt to make Sona bottom lane a viable strategy. :P

High queue times? I've NEVER had a queue last longer than 1 minute tops. Not counting queue dodging of course. Do you work 3rd shift in an odd timezone or what?

Zavy

11-03-2011

Quote:
Jadarok:
High queue times? I've NEVER had a queue last longer than 1 minute tops. Not counting queue dodging of course. Do you work 3rd shift in an odd timezone or what?

I'd wager that either you're in a lower ELO, or you're not playing draft.

Nekrogen

11-03-2011

Quote:
Jadarok:

My queue times exceed 20 minutes on a regular basis, even with "approx time = 35 seconds" or something like that. I've played during all times of the day, and only times they are lower than 15 minutes is middle of primetime.

There are the occasional extremes however. Sometimes I get lucky and it starts in under 5 minutes due to re-queuing players and sometimes my queue times are over an hour long. Its the average amount of time that I have to wait that I can't stand. Maybe this will change with ranked, I don't know.

maxusmaximus

11-03-2011

Quote:
Nekrogen:

don't think i would ever go bot lane with her, just doesnt clear minion waves fast enough. besides her aura's are wasted at bot. there's plenty of other champs better at that job.

brainlizard

11-03-2011

Quote:
Nekrogen:
Maybe this will change with ranked, I don't know.

Depends on if people care about Dominion ranked, I think.

-If folks do, a lot more will be at your elo. With no rankings, many of us are in the "play around with every champion" phase, I think, while you've gone a really mastered one champ (which is how all the top players get there: master one champ at a time so you can focus on strategy instead of mechanics).

-If folks don't, your elo will be even more divided between ranked and normal queues

WaterD103

Recruiter

11-03-2011

Nekrogen I see you only plan non draft games, maybe you could start in draft as I think the elos are separated.