Dominion Myths

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ido Hav Juan

11-02-2011

the only thing I wouldn't agree with is there being no balancing issues, but the issues are so minor and situational that they only matter if you're terribad in the first place (or are playing morde/vlad)

SO I GUESS I AGREE WITH ALL OF IT

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ido Hav Juan View Post
the only thing I wouldn't agree with is there being no balancing issues, but the issues are so minor and situational that they only matter if you're terribad in the first place (or are playing morde/vlad)

SO I GUESS I AGREE WITH ALL OF IT
Dom definitely has balance issues, but not nearly to the degree that folks claim.

I rotate between over 20 different champs on Dom, and not many of them are tanky dps

KommunistKevin

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxusmaximus View Post
Another myth... "omg why did you pick sona she's terrible"
Sona is terrible

Any melee bruiser or assassin (Xin Zhao/Jax/Irelia/Skarner/Gangplank/Pantheon/Talon/Poppy/trundle/udyr/poppy/olaf.riven etc...) can just walk up to her and kill her if they catch her alone, she can't 1v1, she cant 2v2, (build her with trinity force and she does less damage than any other champ with trinity) has no autoattack steriod and poor attack range. Yeah and a 20% movespeed bonus is pretty lackluster.

At currently +30 dominion wins (used to be +50) almost every team with a sona loses

KommunistKevin

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
Dom definitely has balance issues, but not nearly to the degree that folks claim.

I rotate between over 20 different champs on Dom, and not many of them are tanky dps
Dominion is VERY imbalanced, any champ that was balanced around getting a ton of farm or having a dominant laning phase, any champ balanced around support, any champ balanced around INSANELY POWERFUL ULTS with INSANE COOLDOWNS, any champ that was balanced around INSANE burst and flash meta are not viable.

many champs are not even remotely viable, several champs are downright broken and the game is basically decided in champ select

maxusmaximus

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
Sona is terrible

Any melee bruiser or assassin (Xin Zhao/Jax/Irelia/Skarner/Gangplank/Pantheon/Talon/Poppy/trundle/udyr/poppy/olaf.riven etc...) can just walk up to her and kill her if they catch her alone, she can't 1v1, she cant 2v2, (build her with trinity force and she does less damage than any other champ with trinity) has no autoattack steriod and poor attack range. Yeah and a 20% movespeed bonus is pretty lackluster.

At currently +30 dominion wins (used to be +50) almost every team with a sona loses
you bring this up every time someone brings up sona.
Sona is faster than most of these champs with a built in slow in her W + passive AA. A good sona will easily be able to kite any of these champs to the rest of her team. The next point i will make is why would any decent sona let any of these champs walk up to her and start Auto attacking her? ofc if u let poppy get close enough to charge in and stun you - you will be dead. the trick is staying out of range. Her Q hits at 700 range so has way further range than any of these champs. so again she can sit there and hit them for 500 or so dmg every 5 seconds or so without any danger of getting in melee range.
check my game history have won all 4 of the last games i have played with sona. am around 20+ wins atm but i was at 40+ wins solely playing sona before i started playing around with different champs. IMO sona with a tanky dps is worth 3 normal carrys/melee/bruisers as long as you save your ult for these situations with a bit of CDR you can have it up nearly every time a teamfight comes up) certainly 2v2 with sona and a tanky dps with some form of cc there is very few champs i would be scared of in that situation.

Tautochrone

11-03-2011

^true dat.

Best role for Sona is to roam mid with a Bruiser (while 2 hold windmill and 1 holds bot lane)...oh god Sona+Bruiser is just brutal.

KommunistKevin

11-03-2011

Quote:
you bring this up every time someone brings up sona.
Sona is faster than most of these champs with a built in slow in her W + passive AA. A good sona will easily be able to kite any of these champs to the rest of her team. The next point i will make is why would any decent sona let any of these champs walk up to her and start Auto attacking her? ofc if u let poppy get close enough to charge in and stun you - you will be dead. the trick is staying out of range. Her Q hits at 700 range so has way further range than any of these champs. so again she can sit there and hit them for 500 or so dmg every 5 seconds or so without any danger of getting in melee range.
check my game history have won all 4 of the last games i have played with sona. am around 20+ wins atm but i was at 40+ wins solely playing sona before i started playing around with different champs. IMO sona with a tanky dps is worth 3 normal carrys/melee/bruisers as long as you save your ult for these situations with a bit of CDR you can have it up nearly every time a teamfight comes up) certainly 2v2 with sona and a tanky dps with some form of cc there is very few champs i would be scared of in that situation.
How are you supposed to kite when everybody has phage/frozen mallet

Every tanky dps with a movespeed gap closer gets at least 20% + movespeed bonus which translates to 20% of 320 which is 64 extra movespeed while Sona adds a flat 20, Also some of them like shyvanna get 50% bonus movespeed.... thats +110

a flat 20 movespeed bonus is basically roughly equal to 3 movespeed quints

Every tanky dps with a dash will be able to jump on you when you use your Q

Sona Q = 700 range

Jax leapstrike = 700 range

Katarina shunpo = 700 range

Akali = 800 range

Xin Zhao/Irelia = 650 range

Sure you can build AD on her with a trinity but she will be doing less damage than any other champ with trinity due to low base ASPD, base attack damage and no attackspeed or Ad steriods.

KommunistKevin

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tautochrone View Post
^true dat.

Best role for Sona is to roam mid with a Bruiser (while 2 hold windmill and 1 holds bot lane)...oh god Sona+Bruiser is just brutal.
2 Bruisers vs Sona and Bruiser = 2 Bruisers win

If you wanted to follow a bruiser around all game, why not play Nunu....

maxusmaximus

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
How are you supposed to kite when everybody has phage/frozen mallet

Every tanky dps with a movespeed gap closer gets at least 20% + movespeed bonus which translates to 20% of 320 which is 64 extra movespeed while Sona adds a flat 20, Also some of them like shyvanna get 50% bonus movespeed.... thats +110

Every tanky dps with a dash will be able to jump on you when you use your Q

Sona Q = 700 range

Jax leapstrike = 700 range

Katarina shunpo = 700 range

Akali = 800 range

Xin Zhao/Irelia = 650 range

Sure you can build AD on her with a trinity but she will be doing less damage than any other champ with trinity due to low base ASPD, base attack damage and no attackspeed or Ad steriods.
sona doesnt have to stop to cast her Q its instant and she doesnt even pause in her movement.

my last game 8/0 was up against garen/xin/leblanc/ez at top.. seriously she is awesome if played properly. i was only person on my team not to die.

KommunistKevin

11-03-2011

Quote:
sona doesnt have to stop to cast her Q its instant and she doesnt even pause in her movement.

my last game 8/0 was up against garen/xin/leblanc/ez at top.. seriously she is awesome if played properly. i was only person on my team not to die.
Doesn't matter if her Q cast is instant anyone with 700 range will be able to lock on since they will most likely to using smart cast and hovering their mouse over you while button mashing, if you are playing against bads you might be able to kits them but for most people you won't be able to.

If you wanted to kite people all day why not play nidalee or mundo, kassadin etc... so many champs kite better (more range, more damage, more escape)

Sona sucks in dominion because she is balanced around a 5 man team

When she has 4 teammates around her with her Q and W on she can give out a ton of free gold stats

And her ultimate is a ranged amumu ult on a high cooldown

You could build the same items that you build on her on any other champ and be a much bigger credit to the team, since most people just get trinity force and then build tanky