Taric vs Leona, bottom lane support/tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Puthy

11-02-2011

Guys I'm wrecking my brain on which I think plays the role better, and which I prefer. I love going bottom (being the CV user on my team) and protecting my carry in ranked. As of now I considering myself a Taric player. I have played him as my main as long as I can remember, but I have played Leona quite a bit, and I feed in the hands of someone skilled she is broken.(It's hard to beat 3 stuns.)

So my question to you guys is which do you think plays the role better? I also end up being a late game tank/initiator as Taric, and I think i would be able to live longer as Leona.

What are you guys preferences? And also, what runes/masteries do you guys play Leona? I'm very new to her, compared to Taric.

Glov

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

fabulous stun is fabulous. heals, can increase partner's AR and use it to decrease the enemy's.

leona can zenith + stun targets and boom her shield on enemies.

leona is more oriented in a offensive way, while taric is defensive

I play taric coz I can't aim zenith blade

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puthy View Post
I love going bottom
*snort*

Taric is your man.

Puthy

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glov View Post
fabulous stun is fabulous. heals, can increase partner's AR and use it to decrease the enemy's.

leona can zenith + stun targets and boom her shield on enemies.

leona is more oriented in a offensive way, while taric is defensive

I play taric coz I can't aim zenith blade
And see I love Nidalee, I love almost all characters with a skill shot. That' is another thing leaning me towards playing Leona. I just don't feel like my heal from Taric does much in my lane early game at all. Hell even late game, I have to build tanky so I don't have big heals.

Yaladilae

11-02-2011

I personally enjoy Leona far more, but it depends on your playstyle really

Corpze

11-02-2011

if that is a hard choice you need to stay out of bot lane.

KiteHellScream

11-02-2011

Sona is a better support, but between those two...

I'd go with Taric.

SlayerofAsmodean

11-02-2011

Its all about the cow. Heals, aoe knockup, knockback...

Xasyri

11-02-2011

It depends on your team comp. Leona would succeed more in an aoe team comp or against extremely squishy bottom lane and an aggressive ad carry. If you are babysitting ashe, kog, or corki taric is the better choice because he can babysit better. With ez, vayne, graves, they can make more use of your offense than the others.

Just think of games where you would prefer to play blitzcrank over taric to decide if you want to play leona. Or just pick up blitzcrank since you like skillshots lol.

ViashinoWizard

11-02-2011

Taric gives you better sustain, Leona is more aggressive.