Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Directx shader 2.0 issue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Buccaneer

11-03-2011

i removed all ati/amd drivers thinking that the default drivers might be in there. i restarted and downloaded the drivers directly from your link and i still have the same problem.

The Buccaneer

11-03-2011

The default driver was uninstalled and replaced with the most up-to date one on the amd site. Directx11 is working just fine, and ive even downloaded the optional drivers from amd. Yet it is still not working. Is it possible that the issue is not with my computer, but with the aplication?

rohaNmate

11-03-2011

Im having the same issues mate, this is what i was recommended to do.
Im having problems reinstalling though :s

Quote:
Aregionius:
This message comes up when the game is unable to determine that you have a SM2.0 compatible card. This is usually a driver issue, but it looks like your drivers seem to be ok.

I would try, in order,

1. Updating DirectX
2. Re-Re updating your video card drivers
3. Reinstalling LoL following this guide, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234176-reinstalling-league-of-legends

If you have an onboard video card as well, it'd probably be a good idea to make sure that's fully disabled in your BIOS.

The Buccaneer

11-03-2011

tried reinstalling LoL, still doesnt work

The Buccaneer

11-03-2011

I also have Directx 11, everytime i try to download an update from microsoft it tells me i have the most up to date version. im not sure how to check or change that though.

The Buccaneer

11-03-2011

ok i just played l4d2 and it ran like a dream. im convinced the issue is with the pvp client now.

Karmahouse

11-03-2011

Quote:
TheWolpertinger:
im convinced the issue is with the pvp client now.

And with that, no more responses for you lol

The Buccaneer

11-03-2011

Quote:
Karmahouse:
And with that, no more responses for you lol

Well if i managed to run a game with higher requirements as smoothly as that, i dont see why i shouldnt be able to run LoL. The only thing i did notice is that im unable to change the resolution. It doesnt even give me any other resolution options, im just stuck at the lowest one.

EastwoodHD

11-03-2011

Quote:
TheWolpertinger:
Well if i managed to run a game with higher requirements as smoothly as that, i dont see why i shouldnt be able to run LoL. The only thing i did notice is that im unable to change the resolution. It doesnt even give me any other resolution options, im just stuck at the lowest one.

It's your card, bro. If you have the invoice/receipt, you can get an exchange without having to mail it back to the manufacturer if you bought the card within 30 days. Get an exchange and then try it, also what are the watt requirements on your card? Because my old card did the same thing because it needed 500 watts and my power supply was exactly 480 watts.

BIackbirds

11-04-2011

I've had this problem since yesterday, and like you at this point I'm pretty much convinced it's an issue with the client.
Yesterday after loading up the client and trying to begin a game it came up with the error message 'Unknown directX error has occured. Please make sure your video card supports shader model 2.0 and that it is using drivers from the manufacture.'
So this is pretty weird since I've been playing now for a good six months on an average computer running Windows XP and DirectX 9 and up until this point I've had absolutely no problems, it would seem as if it's linked to the recent patch.
I can run every other game that I usually play with no problems whatsoever most of which have higher requirements than League of Legends, games such as World of Tanks, Team Fortress 2, Left4Dead2, Company of Heroes, hell I can even play Warcraft 3 no problems.
At this point I've followed some steps with the Dxdiag that were suggested in other threads, I've tried updating my drivers, and reinstalling the game and yet it still comes up with the same error message.
So if anyone has any idea what could be causing this your advice would be appreciated.