@RIOT - Enable Smart-Cast Controls for ALL CHAMPS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tom4Tom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

I posted this thread in the champion discussion section, but im not sure if that is the best place for this thread... so here ya go ---

Im sure this thread exists somewhere, but PLEASE allow us to edit smart-cast for ALL CHAMPS. This includes taking OFF smart-cast from champion's abilities like karthus' q, and others (can be found here: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Smart_cast). Even if the design team at Riot think it easier for players if some champs have an auto-smart cast on specific spells, don't FORCE THIS. Instead, give us the option in the interface to use it OR NOT use it. For some, smart-cast helps, for others it does not. The current design is flawed and only benefits some while inhibiting others.

-Tom4Tom

Tom4Tom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

._. bump please? would like to get a response from someone in the interface-design team...

Tom4Tom

11-02-2011

...seriously, any relevant comment would be appreciated. This is a game-play mechanic that should really by implemented.

Jewitt

11-02-2011

I don't think there's really an issue with auto-smart cast. It's part of that specific champion and part of Karthus's Q is knowing how much AOE damage it will do around the red dot. If you had a click option (which would be terribly ridiculous considering the CD on it is lower than most could click Q then click the mouse) that would negate the whole skill thing.

I'm pretty meh on this, I don't see an issue with it, but you asked for feedback so ^.^

Tom4Tom

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewitt View Post
I don't think there's really an issue with auto-smart cast. It's part of that specific champion and part of Karthus's Q is knowing how much AOE damage it will do around the red dot. If you had a click option (which would be terribly ridiculous considering the CD on it is lower than most could click Q then click the mouse) that would negate the whole skill thing.

I'm pretty meh on this, I don't see an issue with it, but you asked for feedback so ^.^
at least it's feedback ;p though keep in mind what i said, for some (like you) it works well, for others (me) it does not. I see no problem allowing both functionality C:

Tom4Tom

11-02-2011

QUOTE FROM RIOT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous
We tried [cursor cast] in internal playtests. The problem is that you need to scroll your window *and* control her direction over 1.5 seconds. Intuitively, it makes sense to make it only cursor cast but since Riven's Q can potentially go really far, you'd find yourself flinging yourself in odd ways.
Surprisingly, through Riven's design, I've actually realized that if you just made Pounce cursor cast, no one would actually be able to play Nidalee all that well because you would lose track of her all the time.

- This blows my mind how one-sided how Riot can be when creating champions. Just because it is easier for YOU, does not mean it is easier for OTHERS!! >.< On paper, the intuitive design makes sense, but why not allow for there to be a player-directed choice?! Allow for smart-cast settings (ON & OFF) for these skills that are initially set-up for smart-casting. Regardless if you feel it would be easier for the team at riot, allow for players to make the choice that allows gameplay mechanics to flow seamlessly for ALL players. ^_^

Tom4Tom

11-06-2011

glad i got a response in email, but would really appreciate a definitive answer of whether or not this change could be implemented... I don't see an issue with it, and it would allow for seamless, user-specific game play.