So how do you counter lane Shyvana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NipZx

11-02-2011

I was having a hard time on renekton yesterday in a ranked game trying to deny this shyvanna from top lane. I was using my croc chop stun combo on her every time it was up and she still seemed to wear me down a lot (i did push her out of lane 3 times though)

I tried the ol' shirt 'n' sodas route since i figured shes a melee champ, but she does a lot of freaking magic damage aswell.

What are you supposed to do when you see enemy team is picking shyvanna for top lane? Like what champion would be best, and assuming you didn't get to pick a counter champ what items would be best to get in that situation?

Priest

11-02-2011

Pokes and stuns. She has a horrible time against people who can keep her at a distance. I.E. Ashe, Kassadin, Cassiopiea (I always butcher her name lol. But people who can get her down without ever really getting into trouble. Her big focus is disruption and distraction. She has amazing damage output but only if she isn't focused first or cc'd hard. People like Alistar and Sion do a great job at this.

Foogsie

11-02-2011

She can trade pretty hard with other melees, but she has no sustain and minimal poke. Someone like Brand or Kennen top will cause her nightmares. Garen seems like he can trade favorably, Rumble might as well. Renekton is little down right now so I don't think he's a good choice for fighting her.

NipZx

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest View Post
Pokes and stuns. She has a horrible time against people who can keep her at a distance. I.E. Ashe, Kassadin, Cassiopiea (I always butcher her name lol. But people who can get her down without ever really getting into trouble. Her big focus is disruption and distraction. She has amazing damage output but only if she isn't focused first or cc'd hard. People like Alistar and Sion do a great job at this.
So ashe then for a champ counter sounds reasonable but what about item counter? Seems like she has an insane physical burst and ontop of that crazy magic damage over time tornado around her,

DrBeach

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest View Post
and this is why she belongs in the jungle... serously wtf people, if your guna play a champ in a lane that is now one of the fastest junglers in the game i want to see RESULTS... she really isnt viable in lane when compared to her amazing jungle

Siegfryd

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeach View Post
and this is why she belongs in the jungle... serously wtf people, if your guna play a champ in a lane that is now one of the fastest junglers in the game i want to see RESULTS... she really isnt viable in lane when compared to her amazing jungle
Udyr and Skarner are fast junglers yet still great laners.

xollner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeach View Post
olaf is one of the fastest jungles in the game
cho'gath is one of the fastest jungles in the game

I don't see what you're getting at, fast at clearing the jungle does not mean they're incredible and must jungle

Biddz

11-02-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7e0777z7AY

MutherLuver

11-02-2011

Skarner.

Seriously.. anyone who is completely melee can't trade fights with Skarner early game.

Priest

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NipZx View Post
So ashe then for a champ counter sounds reasonable but what about item counter? Seems like she has an insane physical burst and ontop of that crazy magic damage over time tornado around her,
I suppose it would depend on how she is building. Mainly as an AS build you would want to counter her like you would an AS Kog. Hope and pray lol. Joking. Since most of her abilties aren't based instant damage or focused on any one subject things like Rod of Ages, Warmogs, Force of Nature would do wonders against her. Anything that reduce incoming damage and increase player survivability.

Her whole focus is on sustained damage output. Meaning she deals more damage the longer the fight goes on, I.E. Kog' Maw. Focus her first and you should be ok.

Tip: She isn't very buff on her own. As stated before while in Human form and low fury bar. She's a great focus for ganks or harass. Also if she doesn't build tanky in some way she susceptible to being taken out in almost any team fight.

@DrBeach:
She is a viable laning champ. Watch Saint Vicious or PhantomLord streams for proof. They've been raping in lane (Mainly Solo Top Lane and Mid Lane) but in lane non-the-less.