"Right way" to play Singed on TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakkon Blitblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

First off, a bit of context. I'm a casual player, who's trying to get to L30 as quickly as possible (without buying XP boosts....as I'm not super great). Once I get to 30, I'll learn how to really play...anyhow I've decided that the best way to do this is to main Singed on TT (this also works out as I tend to only have 30-40 minutes where I can play...and learning Dominion seems like it'll take time away from me actually learning how to play).

I prefer to lane bot, and focus on farming....taking advantage of any mistakes from those that I lane against...and avoiding team fights when possible (for Singed; I feel that farming is winning). Because of this, I tend to run: Flash / Ghost and open with a Doran's Shield. I then pick up crystals a catalyst -> rod of ages, Merc's Trends, etc.

This has worked reasonably well for me....(ok, enough context).

I just played in a game with a rather vocal GP where he really felt passionately, that I was playing Singed incorrectly. He said that I should open with boots + pots (I do when I plan on going top...but I find that doesn't really matter much for bot)...then accused me of having ghost to KS....and said that I was running too much; and not tanking enough.

We ended up winning the game, I had the following items:

Doran's shield, FON, Rod of Ages, Mercs, Thornmail (Tryn on the other team), and a Hextech Revolver (turning it into a FOW). I ended up 8-2-6.

I don't remember how the vocal GP did...I think he may have been 1-7-7?

Anyhow...my question, is that in a game where I'm playing with randoms....should I tank more with singed? I tend to either get them to chase me....or run up and throw people into my poison, then run around until I get focused then run away.

Is this wrong? :-\

Hah

11-02-2011

Yeah, never start with doran's shield. Either boots or mana crystal is good. With boots and 2 other strong early game teammates, you should get first blood very quickly, and hopefully pick up a mana crystal shortly after. ROA is his main item; definitely build this first!

The build depends entirely on the opponents. I don't really agree with mercs simply because your main form of damage is poison and that works even when you are stunned/silenced/slowed and not to mention that singed's ult has cc reduction which stacks with mercs BUT with diminishing returns so you get less out of your ult but if you are facing a very heavy CC team then yes you would get mercs. Otherwise, speed 3 boots are better or even mpen boots so your poison hits harder, are better options. To be honest, no matter how much you stun, slow, or silence singed, he isn't going to die (late game of course). FON is definitely not recommended if the other team doesn't have an AP carry. I would replace that with rylais. This item is great on singed and really makes you unkillable.

Ghost is a great for singed and so is flash, but I would take exhaust or ignite instead of flash because the main problem in 3v3 is usually tryndamere. Exhaust is really good on AD champs such as lee sin and xin which are both "OP" in 3v3.

And of course, these are only my recommendations and they are for 3v3. Other players probably have better builds than mine

I tend to build more AP than tanky simply because a lot of my team will usually be AD since in 3v3 that seems to be what dominates the top tiers.

Boo

11-02-2011

You definitely do not need flash, ghost is good enough. Take exhaust to shut down AD carries. Since you have merc treads + ult + ghost + tankiness, you won't die anytime soon unless you do something stupid. When I play singed, I try not die once before I get my catalyst. Once you get it, just farm a **** ton and always try to help gank

iTedRo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Try to main an additional champ too. Singed is usually banned in ranked 3s...

Tactileneck

11-02-2011

In 3v3 you don't need to have somebody going pure "tank" as defined in 5s with pure armor and MR items simply because there aren't quite as many people to burst you down. You needy to build "tanky" with singed, items like RoA, Rylais, Zyhonahs, Abyssall scepter, but you don't need to cut your damage quite so harshly with items like Randuins or Banshees

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

11-02-2011

Get a new champ.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he is bad or OP or anything, it's just that he is always banned now.

KaoticAsylim

11-02-2011

I play a ton of singed on 3v3s, so lets see if I can help you at all.

First off, the Doran's shield is a terrible idea off the bat, in my opinon, although he is very squishy early game, I find its better to be faster than tanky early on. Singed is pretty much useless until you can put a point in your poison at level 2, so you shouldnt be close to the fight anyhow unless you can easily fling a displaced enemy to the carry. Also, I use ghost and exaust as my summoner spells. I find flash to be kind of useless as singed, and i the enemy is faster than you, they will still be faster after you flash, and you won't be able to fling. Ghost and exaust help you offensively and defensively to chase and escape a hairy situation. Until you get catalyst use poison very sparingly and don't fling too much, or as you probably know you are easily mana starved.

Generally, reguardless of the enemy team comp I will start my game with boots + 3 health pots, first back I get mana crystal and catalyst if I can, then upgrade to boots of swiftness unless the other team is made up of lots of CC or tough snares (morgana and lux come to mind) in which case i'll get merc treads. Then build cata into RoA. At this point you need to really look at what the enemy team is made up of. If they are really AD heavy, i'll usually go Frozen heart for the armor and CDR, then sometimes Randuins omen. A mage heavy team is nice because it justifies a Force of Nature which is great for the MR and the health regen. After that you may want to think about a banshees veil for the extra MR and the free cooldown waster. If the game is going on longer than that i will usually build warmogs and then void staff, but it rarely does.

If you are dominating pretty hard after you buy your first or second defensive item, i will generally just start building AP for extra damage on the fling and poison. Abysall Scepter is great against a mage team, but i will also occassionally get a Rabadons if I'm feeling particularly confident that they can't kill me.

At his core, singed is a tank and is never meant to be built straight for damage and shouldn't be carrying the team. That being said, there are plenty of games where I do have the most kills on the team. Try to feed your carries, but if you think the lit enemy may get away, fling and finish them off, its better than allowing them to escape. Singed is, hands down, the biggest asset a team can have on a 3v3 and pretty much garuntees a win as long as your team isn't useless. Sorry for the lengthyness, hope this helps ^^

Luego

11-03-2011

Also, unless you have someone who really *needs* a solo lane, singed benefits from being top. If you're using your poison to farm you push your lane like a madman, and that gives you ample time to either farm jungle creeps or head down for a gank. And the quicker you get your RoA, the quicker you become invincible.

I agree you need mana asap. Boots second.

Don't get used to playing singed and anticipate playing him in ranked 3s though. He is in fact banned 80% of the time.

Dakkon Blitblade

11-03-2011

Thanks everybody for all of the replies!

As a new player who's learning, I really do appreciate everything . I think I've decided to forsake Doran's Shield from now on. I'm still mixed about boots...but am beginning to see that Merc's trends are probably overkill for 3s (just less CC in general). I'm undecided about sorc's shoes...or boots of swiftness; I'll have to play a few games and see which feel better (unless I'm laning against two stuns).

I have no real desire to play ranked anytime soon (even after I do get to 30); so this is good for now.

Thanks again!

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

11-04-2011

I tend to start with a dorans shield if I know my lane partner is going to be aggressive enough to give me a reason to be at mele and use fling often. Otherwise I start with a mana crystal and pot or boots to get to the fling.

I almost ALWAYS use ghost and ignite on Singed. Ignite and poison will do a lot of damage that your opponent wont expect.

Rush your RoA fist, before finishing boots or FoN because you want it to be fully stacked around 25-30 mins, that is when it usually most effective relative to other players stats.