Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fixing the Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainStiggz

11-02-2011

Hey everyone, like you I'm having the same runtime issue. I'm looking into it now but want to provide a bit of information on the problem, or at least my interpretation.

('.\string-s.c'(700)]::mbstowcs_s(): ERROR -> invalid parameter! {expression = 'invalid MBS character'}

The first part says that somewhere there is a file called "string.c" which specifies a list of C functions on strings, since strings aren't a supported C datatype.

The function having an issue is mbstowcs_s(), which simply converts a sequence of characters represented as a multibyte characters, to a sequence of standard 16-bit wide characters. What's happening is the program is trying to convert a character it doesn't recognize as a valid multibyte character, so it crashes. Read the function as "MBS to WCS."

So why did this happen? It sounds like a MS DLL update issue, since this is a common operation, but another guy tried replacing the DLLs, to no avail. I have a couple of ideas, but I'd love to know if anyone else has a better understanding of the problem/possible solution idea.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

11-02-2011

cool, not spam.
come over here.
http://leagueoflegendsmac.proboards.com/index.cgi