Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: Champion select rune page change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malice

Recruiter

11-02-2011

Can we please have the ability to change our rune pages in champion select?

I hate not having my rune page set up for each champion when I NEED to play that champion to counter someone.
It'd be lovely if I could just create the rune page I wanted during champion select as done with masteries.
Hope this is added sooner or later as its starting to really be a bother.
Also, if we have a certain amount of pages before this is changed/after you gain the ability to change them as a "compensation" for buying rune pages and this feature can be added to the store, to get rid of the marketing problems/inefficiencies(?) of this.
Thanks.

Edit: A good idea from

Quote:
WCS Permacorpse:
It's easy to fix the "you have to buy rune pages" issue.

Once you have 10 rune pages, they give you an 11th that is customizable at champion select.

IS16e7c68f67142a

11-02-2011

They can't/won't because then people wouldn't buy Rune Pages and then people who already bought them would complain and... It'd be a mess.

Would be nice but it won't happen

Malice

Recruiter

11-02-2011

Quote:
Diali:
They can't/won't because then people wouldn't buy Rune Pages and then people who already bought them would complain and... It'd be a mess.

Would be nice but it won't happen

There are mastery pages though?

Squirrrtle

11-02-2011

No you have to spend money to obtain power.

Skytro

11-02-2011

Quote:
Letum Strike:

Yes but you could always change masteries, and you could never buy more mastery slots, so it was a convienance thing, dont get me wrong this would be amazing but its just not going to happen unless they give everyone that bought the rune pages full refunds

IS16e7c68f67142a

11-02-2011

Quote:
Letum Strike:

"Back in the day" there weren't mastery pages, you simply changed your masteries before every game. When they introduced the pages they couldn't charge for them because of this (the exact opposite reason for why they can't introduce changing runes in queue). Besides, mastery pages are saved locally while rune pages are on their server.

Malice

Recruiter

11-02-2011

Quote:
Skytro:
Yes but you could always change masteries, and you could never buy more mastery slots, so it was a convienance thing, dont get me wrong this would be amazing but its just not going to happen unless they give everyone that bought the rune pages full refunds

couldnt we essentially 'take one for the team' for something better?

IS16e7c68f67142a

11-02-2011

Quote:
Letum Strike:
couldnt we essentially 'take one for the team' for something better?

LoL players aren't quite as forgiving as that...

Either way, Riot still makes a lot of their money on the Rune Page bundle (I know I bought it...) strictly because rune pages are necessary yet individual ones are sooo expensive.

Malice

Recruiter

11-02-2011

Quote:
Diali:
LoL players aren't quite as forgiving as that...

Either way, Riot still makes a lot of their money on the Rune Page bundle (I know I bought it...) strictly because rune pages are necessary yet individual ones are sooo expensive.

Yeah, or either couldn't we be given the option to swap out our rune pages for the ability to change our pages before every game? Then they could still make money and we could get what we want?

Edit: like, if you have a certain amount of rune pages you gain the ability to change them pre-game?

Xyrne

11-02-2011

This is their plan to annoy you into buying rune pages.