Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Advanced Annie - Be the Boss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oey

07-16-2010

Sapphire is not the best if you tend to die... thing about doran is, I usually dont' like to buy those items that become useless late game. I like to start to build the core item right from the beginning ;x maybe that's just me.

Spiffy McBang

07-17-2010

Question: Do any of the strategies change for someone lower level (12) who doesn't have any runes yet? I don't think many, if any, of my opponents have them either, but I don't know if your strat relies on, for example, having all those HP runes at the start because you're liable to get chipped down too quickly without them by attacks that don't need rune backup to hurt.

Spiffy McBang

07-17-2010

Bump for Sniper if he ever sees this: Thanks dude. Between this guide and a thorough Annie v. Annie beatdown at the hands of one Pah Pai, everything I wasn't quite grasping fell into place. Last three games: 14-0 (playing 2v5!), 9-1, 12-0. Only lost the 2v5.

And, stunningly, the game seems much more fun now...

AIM7Sparrow

07-18-2010

Quote:
SnotGobbler:
I Agree with practically everything - I used to rush cat and focus leveling Q, but after trying your guide, you are right, it is much better. One thing though - whats your opinion on Rylais? Personally I used to rush a cat protector, Mejis and then build the scepter before turning a banshees; having each of your spell casts either apply a slow or a stun was pretty useful and it gives you beasty survivability. For some reason Im just not a fan of RoA at all.

Rylai's is quite unnecessary. RoA is one of the most versatile items in the game. It gives everything a caster could ask for: mana, hp, and AP. People tend to underestimate the value of raw mana but it's beyond helpful. Rylai's doesn't work well with Annie because she uses all of her spells in such quick succession that you don't start making use of the slow until after the stun has worn off and your Q is back off cooldown. RoA is a much better item to get.

Quote:
oey]Sapphire is not the best if you tend to die... thing about doran is, I usually dont' like to buy those items that become useless late game. I like to start to build the core item right from the beginning :

It's not about whether you tend to die or not, don't make the mistake of assuming that the Sapphire Crystal start is for people who are good and Doran's is for those who "tend to die." The simple fact is that in a mirror match mid, you will get destroyed by an Annie who took Doran's Ring if you took Sapphire Crystal, (assuming the Annie has half a brain to realize they have a 120 HP advantage over you and can therefore trade harass with you until the point you will die first and then zone you out of exp.)

A strong early game leads to an even stronger late game. If you don't start with Doran's and face a competent opponent, you will get out-zoned and lose out on farm and lose the late game. And in fact, you might even end up buying that RoA later than you would have if you started with Doran's ring.

[quote=Spiffy McBang]Question: Do any of the strategies change for someone lower level (12) who doesn't have any runes yet? I don't think many, if any, of my opponents have them either, but I don't know if your strat relies on, for example, having all those HP runes at the start because you're liable to get chipped down too quickly without them by attacks that don't need rune backup to hurt.

Err, I don't really know, but it shouldn't. I'm assuming people won't waste their hard-earned IP on anything but T3 runes, (I never did), so yeah if you don't have those extra HP quints your opponents mostly shouldn't either. The masteries might be a bit more tricky. Try to get the 9 in offense first and then build up to 21 utility as you level up.

Ther InGal

07-20-2010

Man, I haven't finished reading it yet (I'll edit when I do), but I really laughed out loud when I read "Drop your Tibbers into the brush like you have maphacks, type “/j” real quick"

EDIT: OK, finished it up. I gotta say, man, you have skills and this guide is one of the real ones. Not one of those image/skill descriptions-full craps that are just made to say: I have a guide guys, I'm cool. That is, in my opinion, THE way to play Annie, thumbs up for you pal, gratz.

P.S.: Just one suggestion: When getting the stun ready before a gank, why not trying to kill any weak jungle creep with Q to save some mana (of course this is not always possible, but maybe worth a try) instead of W on thin air.

P.S.2: There goes another good LoL player =/

AIM7Sparrow

07-28-2010

Quote:
Ther InGal:
Man, I haven't finished reading it yet (I'll edit when I do), but I really laughed out loud when I read "Drop your Tibbers into the brush like you have maphacks, type “/j” real quick"

EDIT: OK, finished it up. I gotta say, man, you have skills and this guide is one of the real ones. Not one of those image/skill descriptions-full craps that are just made to say: I have a guide guys, I'm cool. That is, in my opinion, THE way to play Annie, thumbs up for you pal, gratz.

P.S.: Just one suggestion: When getting the stun ready before a gank, why not trying to kill any weak jungle creep with Q to save some mana (of course this is not always possible, but maybe worth a try) instead of W on thin air.

P.S.2: There goes another good LoL player =/

Bump.

As for your question I mean if you happen to be there sure. No point in making a detour just to last hit a creep though.

Also, if you liked my guide, please nominate it for The Quality Guides Project (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=165821)

BlackRampage

07-29-2010

This guide lacks serious paragraph breaks. I feel sad that a good player is going, but I'll pick off where you left off.

AIM7Sparrow

07-29-2010

Quote:
BlackRampage:
This guide lacks serious paragraph breaks. I feel sad that a good player is going, but I'll pick off where you left off.

I think it's your browser and/or settings. I see the paragraphs and bullet points perfectly fine. And I'm assuming everyone else does too seeing as how you're the first one to post about this.

Tanerian

07-29-2010

Certainly a good guide. Curious why no Rylai's love?

M4nTiCoR3

07-29-2010

I really didnt like annie when i tried her recently. I dont really play her at all, but I was bored and like reading about other champs and this guide is to clean and too good not to get a +1...GJ.