Wukong Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uberlando

11-01-2011

Hey i want to try Wukong but not sure how to build him. Was thinking trinity force and going from there depending on enemy team but not sure if TF will work on him.

Any advice?

Cronixzero

11-01-2011

starting with prospectors blade and boots, into atma/mogs build is proly the safest to start to figure him out. I've been keen to see the changes to the clones behaviour since patch too.

Also check here for some reading too!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/browse?sort_type=score_weighted&sort_order=desc&ch ampion_id=80&guide_type=Dominion&threshold=guides& freshness=Stale&vote_count=0.
Hope that helps mate.

uberlando

11-01-2011

cool thanks

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-02-2011

A friend of mine starts out with merc threads, and goes into thornmail or force of nature, followed by warmogs. If the enemy has balanced damage type she also gets the other big armor/mr item. then she gets offensive items(infinity, triforce). Yes she won't be doing the most damage, but try getting her from under her turret. Armor debuff, well placed clones, team knockup, incredible staying power. She is very crafty with her clones, and can consistently get enemies to burst down/exhaust/ignite her clone. This was even before the patch, so i suppose the clones are gonna be even better now.

I suppose the tankiness really works well with wukong's kit when defending

iProbie

11-02-2011

youmu's, merc's/tabi, entropy, sanguine

then go defensive (thornmail, FoN, odyn's, warmog's, mallet)

OctopusDropkick

11-02-2011

For Wukong you want Merc treads for CC reduction since you're melee w/o any automatic reduction.

Second you want to take advantage of you sudden quick attack speed boost from Nimbus Strike. Since you're also very heavily oriented toward the AD stat, this means you pick up Sanguine Blade.

Again, since you mostly pump out entirely physical damage, you want the flat damage penetration from Ghostblade. It grants you a very required active for melee fighters in danger of getting kited, which Wukong does suffer from. It also allows you to follow up with a very hard sudden burst of damage following your 30% armor reduction debuff, overwhelming an opponent before they get a chance to disengage and try to kite you.

So --

Mercury Treads, Sanguine Blade, Ghostblade, The Brutalizer, and Phage are really ideal for synergy/solving WuKongs shortcomings.

uberlando

11-02-2011

Thanks for the post guys!

MeijiDoom

11-02-2011

I main Wukong on Dominion and I personally go Prospectors Blade + Boots + 2 potions with ghost and exhaust. Get a brutalizer first and then either go sheen if you're rolling or thornmail/FoN if their carries are dominating. He does enough damage with just the brutalizer and the Trinity whenever you get around to it so everything else is just for staying power. Guaranteed to beat most squishies especially with exhaust and your ult and other tanky DPS can't really out damage you with your clone, at least not underneath the tower.

Dubron

11-02-2011

I'm still playing around with different builds but depending on needs I go:

* boots of speed + avarice blade to start
* ionian boots for CDR
* Brutalizer for CDR (thought process is, W is more effective if you can cast it often)
* vamp scepter
* youmuu's ghostblade
* Sanguine blade

That should take you to about level 7-8 or so. From there, it really depends on need. If you need magic resistance, then Hexdrinker's not a bad choice so you still build up AD while picking up some MR. If I'm not as concerned with magic resistance (which is usually the case) then I will go for Phage --> Frozen Mallet and improvise from there.

So I'm still working out some details and contingencies based on opposing enemy makeup, but I am really enjoying Ionian boots + ghostblade and sanguine blade to start.

Shoesy

11-02-2011

Sanguine Blade - Randuin's Omen - Phage - Atma's - Negatron Cloak

is my core. Randuin's in particular is important, as Dominion heavily favor duelist champions. This almost always boils down to champions heavily reliant on auto attacks. Warden's Mail and Randuin's therefore provide so much mitigation it's actually rather hilarious.

For boots either Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi, always. I like to wrap the build up with some CDR. If you see any armor items on the enemy team, nab a Last Whisper instead of Atma's (if you swap these then turn your Phage into Trinity Force instead of Frozen Mallet).