So how about we just relax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abscission

11-01-2011

Seriously.

I obviously play on a mac. I logged on today, burned some cash to get Shyvana and then couldn't play. Yes I'm annoyed about it, but I'm not annoyed at Riot. They TOLD me they don't support Mac. I KNOW that I'm using a version made by some guy with spare time and a hobby (Boompje, you rock dude). You can't be pissed about them not cleaning up the mess for a non-supported OS.

If your beef is the fact that they don't HAVE a Mac client, yelling at them to make one isn't going to make it happen faster. They KNOW they have a Mac fan base. If they are willing to jeopardize that by putting it by the way side at the moment, there must be a sound economic reason. They aren't doing it because they don't care. They are doing it because the choice is a shoddy, buggy, delayed Mac/Windows product or a solid and consistent windows product, which is what a majority of gamers use SPECIFICALLY because Macs aren't made for gaming. Have you ever seen a Mac at a gaming tournament?

If there is one thing businesses like, it's money. When they can figure out how to bring in more than they spend while making a stable Mac product, we will have one. Until then, we rely on Boom and the other Mac gear-heads to do what Riot LET'S them do (because they could intervene if they wanted, I'm sure) and be patient.

You are getting something you by all rights shouldn't be. Stop *****ing about it.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abscission View Post
Have you ever seen a Mac at a gaming tournament?
nope, at Dreamhack they were using Alienware.
they also crashed like two or three times during the finals.

apart from the much needed joke, thanks man, this is one of the best posts in the last days.

Rkls CupCakes

11-01-2011

they used macs on bootcamp to run the dominion tournament that was streamed a week before it came out but other than that yea mostly alienware

Briseide

11-02-2011

Actually working in southern Israel and got some rocket bombing in my city. All roads empty, people barely leave their home. Planes, chopters crossing the sky all day.

Told myself :"KFUC this ****ty situation and let's relax with LoL!"... durr..duur .... "Error"

That apart, nice post.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Quote:
Seriously.

I obviously play on a mac. I logged on today, burned some cash to get Shyvana and then couldn't play. Yes I'm annoyed about it, but I'm not annoyed at Riot. They TOLD me they don't support Mac. I KNOW that I'm using a version made by some guy with spare time and a hobby (Boompje, you rock dude). You can't be pissed about them not cleaning up the mess for a non-supported OS.
Well this would be acceptable, but I did not use Boompje's client. I used Riot's. I took their WindowsClient and replaced it with a file (I have no idea what Boompje's entailed).
So I'm basically being told that I can't play LoL windows version on Mac through (essentially hacking) with no harm done to anyone. Something is wrong with that.

Quote:
If your beef is the fact that they don't HAVE a Mac client, yelling at them to make one isn't going to make it happen faster. They KNOW they have a Mac fan base. If they are willing to jeopardize that by putting it by the way side at the moment, there must be a sound economic reason. They aren't doing it because they don't care. They are doing it because the choice is a shoddy, buggy, delayed Mac/Windows product or a solid and consistent windows product, which is what a majority of gamers use SPECIFICALLY because Macs aren't made for gaming. Have you ever seen a Mac at a gaming tournament?
Except why specifically find a way to lockout people that use macs? I mean, couldn't the resources and time it took to do this be spent elsewhere? Like the different things they said they've been planning and instead push out champs and Dominion to compete with DoTa2 and HoN? I mean cool, competition, but, I think taking away time from how the game works is kinda.....stupid, inefficient,wasting money?

From what I understand the Client that MacClient ran on was essentially a workaround to bootcamp! I don't think they really understand what they did there!!! I hope someone sees that potential and takes it and finds that way to reset it or rework it so it works just a little better. LoL ran on it, we shouldn't have it, but we did...why destroy it?

Quote:
If there is one thing businesses like, it's money. When they can figure out how to bring in more than they spend while making a stable Mac product, we will have one. Until then, we rely on Boom and the other Mac gear-heads to do what Riot LET'S them do (because they could intervene if they wanted, I'm sure) and be patient.
Yes....they like money, we all know that and if they were smart they'd divert the time put into MacLoL's destruction into its creation instead. Project shiny is probably about the time for REAL MacLoL but...who knows when that is? Riot? Not sure....

All I would like is a rollback in this area and for Riot to give some words on how things are going and admit errors they are making. Give us some time frame. Its really not that difficult since they probably have to type it all down anyway Copy+Paste was always an easy command :\

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Um guys. I don't think this is Riot's way of locking us out. Calm down. This is a library failing to work. Not Riot.