How do I lane as Shaco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exitusx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

When I jungle as Shaco, I dominate most of the time. I have an easy time counter-jungling, can gank extremely early, and even if I'm interrupted I either get FB or can easily bounce back.

But last match I actually saw a shaco on my team do really well at soloing a 1v2 top. He died once from a gank from mid, but other than that he was really cooperative and never let the tower die (until much longer after the laning phase). The tower got hit a few times while he was dead, but other than that he never let them touch it. He soloing top against a galio and sona. I'm a good jungler, but laning with him isn't much of a strong point with me. I always thought that Shaco was an okay laner, but in most situations would get dominated. That is until I saw this Shaco do so well.

I'm a big Shaco player because of his chaotic gameplay and being able to make the best use of nearly any item he feels like. He has multiple build and play styles, which can even change as the match drags on. I also find I at least am particularly good at taking out ridiculously fed champs, which is always good. But I'm no good at laning with him. Can anyone give any advice? I do prefer AD shaco over AP.

TL;DR I like shaco, I have trouble laning with him. I prefer AD shaco. How do I (solo) lane with him?

theplqa

11-01-2011

The example you gave was most likely just bad enemies.Laning with Shaco is just bad.The only possible thing I can think of is AP Mid Shaco,but with the nerfs to his JitB that will be even worse.Just stick to the Jungle with him.

Exitusx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

They didn't exactly passively auto-attack him. He was really adamant at holding the line just before the turret. I can't figure out how he managed to do it.

theplqa

11-01-2011

I can't think of any way to hold a 1v2 lane with Shaco :/. Shaco has no sustain so I would think that a single back would screw his turret.

Bench Warmer

11-01-2011

you place boxes inbetween people and hit minions

Fluffy1

11-02-2011

laning with shaco requires you to manage one of his weakness's, high mana cost/regen ratio. you will need to devot your runes and masteries along with innitial items to overcome your mana issues asap while simultaniously increasing your damage so you dont fall behind.

its for these reasons AP is the only way to effectively lane with shaco as AD just cant hit hard enough as often(deceive is harder to harrass safely with compared to shiv) and just cant afford much sacrifice for runes and items.

AP does sting pretty hard and pretty often. but those jitbs are what he brings to the lane, as AP those things on their own still do considerable damage even with the slight nerfs(which all affect his late game jitb damage without touching his early game).

being able to take control of the bushes denies the enemy a chance to get close enough to your lane partner letting them fall back to avoid harrassment and stacking jitbs just near the river entrance makes a direct jungle gank suicide, often resulting in getting shaco a free blue buff from greedy players.

he essentially plays the role of support in bot lane with a ranged AD carry providing very effective harrass vs squishy targets which both ranged dps and supports often are which can burn the mana pools of HP sustain healers very fast, sneaking a jitb behind their minions after you zone them back can give you some safety and more harrass till the next wave.

though be carefull with jitbs, dont put them close to the enemy too often as they still give away 10 gold. you shouldnt be taking many creeps but dont neglect to nab 1-2 each wave if you can. and always leave 90 mana for a decive. if the enemy is getting dangerously low always try and keep 150 so you can decive/shiv/ignite for easy kills when they drop their guard.

basically your job is to babysit and make your carry near ungankable, you are better than a healer as you can easily prevent your carry even taking damage letting them farm till their hearts content, and you can even line up some easy kills for them too. no matter what shaco build you play though always remeber you arent a carry, you never will be. trying to carry is just gimping your team, remain the support DPS and you will do fine as a utility member.

Vienna

11-02-2011

you don't.

Ayketh

11-02-2011

1. Lane with Blitzcrank
2.Make a box nest in the bush
3. Have Blitz grab enemy into boxes
4. Instakill.

lord amin7

01-01-2012

i tried jungling with shaco but ive never been much of a jungler so i always find myself left behind level-wise, does anyone have a specific jungle route i can use (preferablly w/o runes i spent all my money on him lol)

ikillutwice

01-03-2012

u can 2v2 by boxing grass or mid by dagger ****ing people but I don't know aboyt 1v2