Spectator mode?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TANCERV2

11-01-2011

This probably isn't the right thread for this. but oh well.
I was just wondering with spectator mode will i be able to watch my friends games in progress? or will it be for just custom games?

If so i think they should make it that way. i find myself a lot of the time waiting for my friends to to get out of games. but how awesome would it be if i could watch their match that's in progress. I don;t think it would be hard to do. Just make so all i can see is my friends team. That way i can't help him cheat.

Nalks

11-02-2011

Nice to see i'm not the only one who thought this could be used to cheat, I did however think of a possible solution that would still allow full map spectating. A one minute video delay and spectator only chat. This way spectators see everything one minute after it happens and they can chat amongst eachother.

HallowedPizza

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalks View Post
Nice to see i'm not the only one who thought this could be used to cheat, I did however think of a possible solution that would still allow full map spectating. A one minute video delay and spectator only chat. This way spectators see everything one minute after it happens and they can chat amongst eachother.
The spectator mode being tested in PBE actually has a 3 minute delay( because wards last 3 minutes). There wasn't a spectator chat last time I was on. But a ton of people suggested it. Without it, it's terribly boring and pointless to spectate unless you're commentating the match on a livestream or something.

Nalks

11-02-2011

Haha nice didn't know it had 3 mins i missed the testing period on live.

TANCERV2

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalks View Post
Yea that is also a great idea. Even if it was spectator only chat they would still have to have a delay or something.