Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Manamune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

11-04-2011

Quote:
Mogs01gt:
blitzcrank would like a talk with all of you

Oh right, forgot Blitzcrank. And Ryze and Singed can do okay with it at times too.

But really, 5 champs? That is pretty much the definition of "niche" and while it's good to have niche items, one that's exclusive to the point that only 5 champs use it to its full effectiveness is really way too focused. Kinda like how Haunting Guise is useful on 1 champ, and even he sells it by late game.
Quote:
Penguinbotxl:
Manamune is a great item for many caster carries like panth and ezreal, i would not suggest the 1% buff because one percent is a lot rather id rather it just add 10 more damage on the base damage of the item

Why would you prefer the base to be higher instead of the scaling?

Ebonclaw

11-04-2011

Quote:
VanguardGeneralZ:
From manamune you get 60 AD when topped out, big wup. The other AD carries are getting things like armor pen, AS, and 55 AD (Cleaver), 100 AD and 25% LS (Stacked Thirster), and 80 AD, 25% critical chance, and 250% damage per critical strike.

And they're paying much more for all of that - and NOT getting the Mana. On every champ where Manamune would be indicated as a useful item, they are getting -some- benefit from the Mana, they NEED to secure more Mana and/or Mana Regen in order to function to their fullest.

Quote:
VanguardGeneralZ:
Feels wimpy really. It doesn't need a price to compensate a new buff (if it shall receive one) in my opinion, because the tear requires serious farming, impossible in Dominion.

If we estimate typical benefit of Manamune at 60AD, then it is almost exactly cost effective, on par with stacking straight AD - all of the Mana is free at that point.

If we look at the Mana as a useful purchase for the champions who would consider Manamune to be effective - and we call the Tear their Mana purchase - the 1115g cost of upgrading from Tear > Manamune only needs to yield 31 (rounded up from 30.4) AD to start to become cost effective. Since you get 20 AD from the recipe itself, you need 550 Mana to break even, everything else is profit.

Nightdancer ND

11-05-2011

3% too much=> 2,5% would be fine
or the base AD could be increased +5AD
or Long Sword => Pickaxe?

Ansate

11-05-2011

Wasn't the passive 2.5% before? I'm probably mistaken, but 2.5% would give it enough of a boost to make it fair as is.

Then I really would get this on Ryze so I can lolpoke people.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

11-05-2011

Quote:
Ansate:
Wasn't the passive 2.5% before? I'm probably mistaken, but 2.5% would give it enough of a boost to make it fair as is.

Then I really would get this on Ryze so I can lolpoke people.

Quote:
Exdeadman:
Actually, it had a 2% ratio when it first came out. Then it got nerfed to 1.5%, nobody bought it, then they reverted it to 2%.

Nothing more to say.
Quote:
Nightdancer ND:
3% too much=> 2,5% would be fine
or the base AD could be increased +5AD
or Long Sword => Pickaxe?

Yeah, 2.5% AD would probably be the best between value and balance for Manamune. Per point, it would make Mana, normally at a value of 2 gold per point, worth 2.9 gold per point because of the bonus AD. Considering Mana is cheap and you're adding 45% value to it, that's really nice. Though 2% is a 35% increase, so it's an overall 10% change, not huge.

I'd rather not change the build path to be more expensive, and the base AD is fine imo. The scaling is the only thing on Manamune that I don't like.

HeroXsouL

Recruiter

11-05-2011

yay ez weak already

InflictedChaoS

11-05-2011

3% would be too op for the cost:value ratio

The mana bonus is a huge portion of the cost, expecting the damage to match a normal ad item is stupid.

It only costs approx 2k, you cant expect it to give much more than 50d..

Ebonclaw

11-05-2011

Quote:
InflictedChaoS:
3% would be too op for the cost:value ratio

The mana bonus is a huge portion of the cost, expecting the damage to match a normal ad item is stupid.

It only costs approx 2k, you cant expect it to give much more than 50d..

I just proofed this out for them, if they aren't gonna listen to me, they're not gonna listen to you. :P

I suppose though, since the math only uses a fully stacked pool..... adding +5 AD to the final combine might not be terrible. Or just make it stack faster, +2 for the auto attack gains instead of +1 (since they're time limited anyway).

Dragonsafe

11-06-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVxW_X5n_u0
The real reason behind buying MANAMUNE!

But a buff to manamune pushing it from 2% to 2.5% would make it soooo much better, I used to buy it on Ez and Sivir but if just didnt give enough as simply buying a bf sword for a bt/IE gives.

Darshka

11-06-2011

ezreal definitely does not need a buff