Manamune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cheesesandw1ch

11-03-2011

lol @ calling ezreal a weak carry.. shame on you. =) Come watch me ezzy your whole team to a surrender.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

11-03-2011

If I recall correctly Manamune had a 3% conversion when it was first sanctioned for the League. This was deemed too powerful, and so was reduced to 2%.

And by the way... Rushing Manamune is not always the best choice. It would be better to get the Tear, giving you pretty much unlimited lane-stay, and hold onto it until the end of mid-game before upgrading it to a Manamune. That way your Tear has time to accumulate charges, increasing the "notice-ability" of the AD increase from it. The same goes for AA really.

Rakaydos

11-03-2011

Xyperhous talked about lowering the max mana of tear and manamune (but not archangel) to 500 mana or so, but raising the ratio to 4%.

Result? You gain AD twice as fast, both through farming your tear, and through buying things like Frozen heart, but your mana ppool doesnt get quite as ridiculusly big.

aim1essgun

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Manamune needs a buff. It doesn't even give 50 AD for an item worth over 2k gold, I may as well buy BF Sword and boots.

The near-unlimited mana is nice, but it's not very valuable.
Tons of mana isn't valuable? What? Aren't you buying it on heros where tons of mana IS valuable? That's the entire point of the item.

It costs 460 more gold than a BF sword and gives ~15 more AD, mana regen and crazy quantities of mana. They aren't even comparable. You only buy it on heros that need the mana, and if you need the mana it bends a BF sword over backwards in terms of value.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
If I recall correctly Manamune had a 3% conversion when it was first sanctioned for the League. This was deemed too powerful, and so was reduced to 2%.

And by the way... Rushing Manamune is not always the best choice. It would be better to get the Tear, giving you pretty much unlimited lane-stay, and hold onto it until the end of mid-game before upgrading it to a Manamune. That way your Tear has time to accumulate charges, increasing the "notice-ability" of the AD increase from it. The same goes for AA really.
Actually, it had a 2% ratio when it first came out. Then it got nerfed to 1.5%, nobody bought it, then they reverted it to 2%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalHalfdragon View Post
Xyperhous talked about lowering the max mana of tear and manamune (but not archangel) to 500 mana or so, but raising the ratio to 4%.

Result? You gain AD twice as fast, both through farming your tear, and through buying things like Frozen heart, but your mana ppool doesnt get quite as ridiculusly big.
That would be pretty cool actually, having Tear work faster. TotG could actually become useful on Crystal Scar because it's more likely you'll cast 125 spells with 2 seconds between each instead of 250 spells (about 4 minutes, 10 seconds difference). Probably the only problem with that idea is that there are other Mana items, and some champs have a high base Mana as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1essgun View Post
Tons of mana isn't valuable? What? Aren't you buying it on heros where tons of mana IS valuable? That's the entire point of the item.

It costs 460 more gold than a BF sword and gives ~15 more AD, mana regen and crazy quantities of mana. They aren't even comparable. You only buy it on heros that need the mana, and if you need the mana it bends a BF sword over backwards in terms of value.
Mana is valuable. Tons of it isn't.

Mana is less valuable the more you have of it, unless your champion scales something off Mana. This is because the more mana you have, the less likely you are to use it all.

Okay, so it costs 460 more than BF Sword, and for that cost it gets extra Mana and a Meki Pendant's MRegen stat. Sure, that's useful on the 2 champs I know who use both AD and a ton of mana for spamming (Urgot and Ezreal). On the rest, it's an "I don't want to watch my mana costs" item that really is kinda lacking as far as actually boosting your output. For the cost of Manamune, I could buy several Tier 2 items that are more valuable (to me anyway) than bonus Mana.

VanguardGeneralZ

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post

SO, is 2.25% possible? Is 2.5% possible? I don't see why we have to have solid numbers.

Tetrologist

11-04-2011

Solid numbers are much easier when dealing with percentages

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

blitzcrank would like a talk with all of you

VanguardGeneralZ

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrologist View Post
Solid numbers are much easier when dealing with percentages
We aren't looking for easy things to do in our heads, we're looking for a balanced game.

Unless your mumbling something about the programming aspect of it. However, computers are just massive computers, so that would seem amazingly trifling or paltry to me.

Penguinbotxl

11-04-2011

Manamune is a great item for many caster carries like panth and ezreal, i would not suggest the 1% buff because one percent is a lot rather id rather it just add 10 more damage on the base damage of the item